THIRTY NINE

Chris and Scarlett had left you at home. You weren't feeling so good so they went to dinner without you. You were gutted you and Chris has finally made things official and you were really starting to get a grip of things. You decided to just have a movie night on your own. Suddenly the doorbell went. You open it to find a small package on the doorstep. You look around but can't see anymore. You take the passage inside and begin to open it. Attached is a small note.

Special delivery for an old friend.
New mix of gear.
Enjoy
Here's you get out of jail free card
T x

You don't know what to think of this. You've been clean for 4 months now. Why was your dealer sending you packages? You took the bag of powder from the package and went straight to the sink.

Just throw it away Vee, you don't need this. You don't need this.

Suddenly your mind spiraled back to previous arguments you'd had in the past over drugs. The hurt and damage it has caused everyone and yourself.

"No Vee! You don't need this" you shout to yourself. Then you begin looking back to how good the drugs made you feel. Maybe you could just try a little. Just a sniff. That wouldn't hurt would it? You remain strong and decide you can't throw them away but you'll take them back. You'll return them to the dealer explaining how you don't need them.

Yeah that's a good idea right? Take them back?

You grab the bag and your belongings before heading out the door. You arrive at the warehouse demanding to speak to your guy. It was no good. You didn't want to leave them on the street so you decided you'd take them back and flush them. Yeah that was the right thing to do.

You arrive home to Scarlett and Chris shouting the house down looking for you.

"Wow guys I'm here! Sorry I went for a walk to clear my head"

"Phew Vee we were worried sick" scar says hugging you tightly. You exchange a few more words then Scarlett heads out for home.

It's just you and Chris. He hasn't said a word since you got back.

"What's wrong lover boy? Chris talk to me"

He continues to look away from you before slightly turning his head saying "I know you're lying Vee. You're using it again aren't you?"

"Whaa- what? N-no I'm not! I swear I haven't touched the stuff in a year! Why would I do that!?"

"Oh don't give me that! You look like you have before when you used, so either you are using or about to use. Which one is it?! Using or about to use, WHICH ONE VENUS!"

More quietly while lowering his head he asks,

"Let me see what's in your bag Venus, let me see that I am wrong and I will make it all up to you, please! Let me be wrong!"

"N-no! You need to trust me"

"I think you just answered my question then" He slams down the note from the package you'd received. I could see that he knew I was lying about something but it wasn't completely what he was thinking. I didn't want to touch the stuff again, everything was going so well being off of it. Why couldn't he trust I would make the right decision, why can't he just let me handle this.

"Chris look-"

"No, I don't want to hear it, Vee! I've had it! I trusted you and here we are.... Again!"

"Chris, I went to return them! But I didn't know where to go!"

Chris remains silent, he is stoic in his stance. I can't see any fleeting emotions from him this time.