Chapter 9

No one couldn't believe what they had just witnessed. Snow! Snow White! Alive and well, and not beheaded. Everyone was relieved and yet their minds were filled with confusion. Everyone especially Bigby had a lot of questions, all left unanswered. Snow and Bigby had gotten up the stairs from the cell with Shadow and Garry following not to far behind.

Snow was angry by what she had just saw within the cell. She turned to Bigby, "What the hell was going on down there Bigby?" She asked angrily, "I mean abusing a prisoner like that..."

"I... I thought you were dead Snow." Bigby said honestly.

"We all did." Shadow had added.

"And that makes it okay?" She had said to the both of them.

Bigby turned away from her as did Snow, she turned to Garry and Shadow they avoided making eye contact. She gave out a sigh and rubbed her temple, "I hope it was worth your time."

She walked towards the elevator.

"Miss White, look..." Garry started to say, "We're all glad you're alive and I know you're a bit mad by what you just saw in the cell but, you mind explaining to us what's going, because to be honest I'm trying to get this to sink through my head."

"After my conversation with Bigby before he went into the Trip Trap, I got a call from Toad." Snow explained, "He said his son found a body."

Bigby, Shaodow and Garry's eyes widened with shock. "Are you serious?" Shadow had asked. Snow nodded her head. "We, thought it was Faith at the time but..." Snow said, "Getting her back here wasn't easy, but hopefully we'll find something on her to help us track down the killer. Or at least figure out who she is."

The elevator door opened.

"I should've been there." Bigby had said before entering with the group.

"I tried calling the Business Office but there was no answer." Snow had said, pressing a button, "I couldn't find you or anyone for that matter. So, Maria and I had to take care of it."

Shadow froze at the name but Bigby and Snow didn't notice, only Garry seemed to notice but had decided not to say anything.

They stayed silent for awhile until Bigby had broken the silence, "Snow?"

"What is it?" Snow asked him.

"I'm... Glad you're not dead." Bigby had said with a smile.

Snow turned him, almost surprised to hear him say that, but she let out a small smile, "Me too." She said with a sigh, "The only thing I want now is to get to the bottom of this."

The elevator and they walked out, "I just feel like..." Snow started to say.