Chapter 3 PT2

-Present; The Woodlands 1st Floor, Business Office-

It had only been a few hours since they found the head of a Fable, and yet it seemed like it had seemed just any other day at work, for the most part anyway. Bigby and Shadow were both walking towards the Business Office. As they both walked towards the entrance they passed a long line just standing there waiting to enter.

"Cranes been slacking off again." Shadow whispered to Bigby.

"Just keep moving." Bigby told him.

Before they could enter they heard someone say, "What're blind? You two don't see there's a line?"

They turned to see a man that had stepped out of the line, a man named Grendel.

Bigby and Shadow are both familiar with Grendel, at least Shadow has just started to get to know him little by little. From what Bigby has been telling him Grendel has been coming by the office for the past three weeks in the month. The reason why he comes by is about Holly's (The owner of the Trip Trap) missing sister Lily, or at least that is what Bigby stated to him.

"I've been standing here a half-hour already." Grendel had said as he walked towards Bigby, "You get to just walk in? Must be nice being the sheriff and his kid... You two get to do whatever the fuck you like."

"F.Y.I buddy, we work here." Shadow had said to him with a glare.

"And what great work you two do." He said sarcastically.

"Hmm, well that didn't feel very genuine." Bigby said, returning the sarcasm. Motioning Shadow they both went inside the office. The door closed shut just when they heard the word, "Fuckers."

Shadow walked ahead when he saw Maria and his second best friend Garry.

Shadow met Garry when he was twelve. He saw from the window of 204, that a couple of teenage Mundies were kicking and beating him all because he had an unnatural color of hair. He literally snuck down from the two-story floor and took on the teenage Mundies by himself, but he ended up getting cracked ribs in the process. Had it not been for Bigby, he would've had even worse wounds.

After he and Garry talked for a bit they became best buddies and thus they find time for, himself, Garry and Maria to hang out.

As Shadow walked over to them he noticed that the man in charge which was Ichabod Crane was yelling at Snow.

"--and now you tell me there's a killer on the loose!? You two are always tittering behind my back. --because you are the one bringing this to me Miss Snow! The one who simply 'stumbled' upon this catastrophe on our very door step!"

"What's going on?" Shadow had asked with a whisper to Garry and Maria.

"Snow told Crane about the head that you guys found last night at the front door." Garry whispered back to him, "As you can see he is not too happy about it."