Chapter 15

-The Trip Trap Bar; The Bronx (1:15 a.m 45 minutes left)-

Bigby exited the car and approached the Trip Trap Bar, preparing himself for whatever was to come within the bar knowing Gren and Holly. Even if they were currently recovering he couldn't be too careful. He descended down the stairs and approached the door which said on a piece of paper, "Closed due to bereavement"; he soon heard voices coming from within the bar. One belonged to Gren and the other by the sound of it belonged to the Woodsman.

"She's asleep ya fuckin' idiot." He heard Gren say.

"She didn't give me a chance to explain!" He heard the Woodsman say.

Bigby knocked on the door, "Gren! It's me Bigby!" He said, "I need to talk to Holly!"

After a few moments he heard the door unlock from the inside. It was revealed to be Gren and Bigby could tell he was drunk when his nose picked up on the strong smell of alcohol.

"Hey look Woody." Gren said with his words all slurred up and with a smile, "It's the Sheriff."

Bigby was pretty much in shock seeing Gren in a drunken state.

"Well come on in buddy." He said leaning against the door.

"Gren..." Woody said with a bit of concern.

"What?" Gren said to him, "He's a weary traveler in search of some... Hospitality right?"

"Thanks.." Bigby said walking into the bar, "I guess." Thus he walked into the Trip Trap. When he was inside, he saw that Holly was no where to be seen. "I want a drink." Gren said, "Anybody else want a drink?"

"Gren." Woody said to him, "Swineheart said you shouldn't mix it with—"

Gren had cut him off, "You think I give a fuck what that fuckin' guy says? Or what you say?"

He went ahead to grab some drinks.

"Gren seriously." Woody said, "You shouldn't be drinking right now."

"I can't hear you when you mumble." Gren said with a glare.

Bigby had said to Gren despite him being in a drunken state, "Listen. I'm looking for Holly. Swineheart told me that she was here... I need to talk to her." Gren had said nothing to him. Instead, Woody had answered for him.

"Holly's asleep in the back." Woody said taking a sit on one of the stools, "But you won't be able to wake her."

"Really?" Bigby said,

Woody had replied, "The doc gave them both Barmedical ambrosia. For the pain."

Gren stood up for a moment to say to Bigby, "Look, the deal is... if you resist going to sleep... Like I am right now... It gives you a very nice high." He then went back to looking for a drink and cups.

"And he said not to mix it with alcohol." Woody had added.

Gren managed to find himself a bottle of drinks. "Yes, he certainly did." He said, pouring from the bottle, "But lemme tell you something. I haven't felt this good in a long time fat boy... And I feel like having a drink today okay?"

"So... There's no way to wake her up?" Bigby had asked them.

"Oooohhhh, no." Gren replied, "And anyways, the doctor gave me strict orders to let the fine woman sleep. She's had a very traumatic experience." He then proceeded to gulp down the drink from within the cup. "That funeral back there." Gren started to say, "That was a shitty fuckin' send off  for an pretty okay lady."