Chapter 3 PT1

-Nine Years Ago,  Woodlands Apartment 204-

After the boy with red and black hair woke up, Snow and Bigby were surprised when that he  did not remember that he went to them for help when he was in pain. They had found him something to wear, which was one of his shirts for now and they had called Doctor Swineheart. They had already told Swineheart that they found him as a wolf, but he doesn't know that he is one.

He had treated the wound on his head and looked at the bruises, and he was in the middle of checking reflexes; Taking a small flashlight he shined in only his right eye, "Follow the light." He told the young boy.

The boy did what he was told. His eye moved as Swineheart moved with the flashlight.

"Can you tell me your name son?" Swineheart had asked as he continued testing his reflexes.

"Shadow." The boy replied, "Just Shadow."

"And are you a Fable or a Mundy?"

"I am a Fable sir."

"Do you remember how you got these wounds?"

The boy named Shadow shook his head.

"Do you remember how you got here in Fabletown?"

Shadow shook his head once again.

"So your name and the fact that you're a Fable is all you can remember?"

Shadow had nodded his head to him this time; Swineheart put away his equipment and said, "Will excuse me?"

Shadow nodded his head to him again and Swineheart left the spare room and went to Snow and Bigby.

"Well? Anything wrong with the kid?" Bigby asked the Doctor.

Swineheart had replied calmly, "Well he'll be fine in a matter of speaking." Snow and Bigby looked at each other for only a moment. "What do you mean by... in a matter of speaking?" Snow had asked him. "I'm afraid due to the injury he has on hi head the boy has suffered post traumatic amnesia."

There eyes had widened at what Swineheart had just told them, "He... Has amnesia?" Snow had said.

"I'm afraid so." Swineheart had told them.

"God-damn it..." Bigby mumbled, "So not only can't he remember what he saw and did when he was a wolf or for that matter that he IS, but he can't remember a damn thing about his life?"

"He only remembers his name, and that he's a Fable." Swineheart had said, "Other than that, he can't remember anything else, not even how he received those injuries."