Chapter III: The Wise One

THE NEXT DAY

An airship flies over a baron dessert carrying the Caine family and Victor with his 3 soldiers. Inside the airship Victor Hawkins is conversing with his soldiers while a map of the Caine family's possible enemies can be seen on a split screen. On the other side Victor is on a video call discussing the attack with Julius Edson.

Julius: Glad to hear that you guys are okay.

Victor: Nothing too much to worry about. The Caine's are just a little banged up. So what did you find?

Julius: Well your new friend who failed at taking your boys stuff took mines. A few months ago buddy broke into our research area and stole the cargo prototype and gauntlet whips. We've been following him ever since. People are calling this guy construct. Because whatever piece of tech he ends up stealing he's able to replicate. He even upgrades them. The force field tech and cargo bot jumping on buildings were both upgrades. We know Elias cracked force field tech but we couldn't get ours right. Guess he figured since he stole something of ours and made it better. He thought he'd be able to get his hands on anything from Caine Tech, and the world would be his oyster. Imagine the damage hed do with Elias's aiutu. Or if he had one of the weapons from back in the day.

Victor: Imagine if he worked with us instead of against us. This whole arms race deal is getting out of hand.

Julius: Ever since the empresses death the remaining soldiers from her army across the world have been at a scramble for power. Sometimes the strongest form of a person is not even their physical. Its their influence. I got that from a book I read. How'd the rest go like? "To live forever be influential to the world. The ones you've inspired will all have a piece of you living within them." Something like that. I don't know.

Victor: I get it Julius just wish we weren't talking about the empress with that quote.

Julius: Right, I've been reading a lot of self-help books lately. Ya know working on myself.

Victor: Good to hear man. But hey I gotta go. If you find anything else out associates, Hideouts anything let us know.

Julius: No doubt man. Alright stay safe.

Victor now with a look of intense concern from what he just learned he stands up and asks his soldiers one simple demand before he leaves' "Zachary, Ryan, Sarah tell me when we've arrived at our location." All three reply "yes sir!" Victor heads to where the Caine family is, his driver and pilot Richard Edson joined the Caine family while putting the ship on auto piolet for a conversation. They are all taking a closer look at Sylvia's piece of tech Max wore during his fight with the thief. Richard wearing the helmet and the right arm from the suit does 1 finger pushups. He's all smiles while he's counting, "48, 49, 50! Babe this is an amazing piece of equipment you've made! I don't even feel all these pushups! 55, 56, 57..."

Max comes in and jokingly says. "What would be more impressive is if you did 1 without the armor." Richard tries with his left but couldn't muster up the strength for 1 and let's himself drop to the floor but is helped up by Max. Elias looking at the other pieces of the armor on a nearby table picks up a few pieces he tells his daughter, "This is really amazing Sylvia. There aren't too many pieces to this suit, yet a person's strength and stamina can increase tenfold. Where is the tech that does this? It's pretty light!

Max proudly smiling at the comments made for his sisters creation tells he his father, "you're gonna trip when you hear it dad." Sylvia answers, "it's in the wiring. She continues saying, "Everything else is pretty much a protective casing for it. I haven't made it official yet with the team that worked on this with me but I'm calling this my Hercules wires."