Chapter XIV pt.4 (arc2): King Of Cauchemar - Dragon's Heart

Nevin is being Patched up by the coliseum medics.

Nevin: Ha! Ha! Ha! Great scrap kid! Great scrap!

Yafeu looks on with a confused smile as his opponent is all laughs and a cheerful attitude despite losing.

A large figure unexpectedly appears behind Nevin and the nurse who's patching them up. It was Amaro Midas. They notice him by hearing the sound of his voice.

Amaro: You lost because you underestimated your opponent again Nevin. Not every fight has to be treated like it's a game.

Nevin: Aww Amaro, the world is burning. Why not treat our remaining days like it's a game to win!?

Amaro: Because we're all still alive. And lives should be nothing to play with....

Nevin: Yafeu is now my brother in arms. We shed blood together we've forged bonds now we can laugh.

Amaro stares at Yafeu after he says this. Yafeu looks back at him not breaking the glare.

Yafeu tells himself, "What's this guy's problem?" Bast who is behind him answers, "That's Amaro Midas. Greatest soldier on the east of the world. Adira's killed his entire army of soldiers with her troops and didn't stop there. His family was also executed."

Bast continues to explain, "He has rarely bowed to Adria's will since he was brought here. Amaro being out of his cell seeing you is a sign he might today."

Yafeu replies, "Why though? Because I beat Nevin? Bast says, "No it's because to him you're a child. And Amaro was also once a father. Not only to his soldiers but to his actual son as well. His life was taken by Sigmond. Anyone who's a child that's fighting for Adira's vision of the perfect world Amaro will get up and defeat. This is a reason why no new lieutenants have been popping up. Amaro has beaten all contenders. Under normal circumstances, he would have been killed. But Adira sees value in him. Amaro was only known as a ruthless killer his heart shows when the innocence of children is going to be corrupted."

As Bast catches Yafeu up on who the prisoners of Cauchemar are Amaro doesn't break his glare. While Nevin laughs holding Amaro around the neck. He pulls Nevin's arm off then approaches Yafeu and tells him.

"Congratulations kid, seriously beating a lumbering fool like Nevin is great. But I can't let you become a lieutenant with the power of that virus. Forfeit the rest of the tournament now or I promise you, if you ever get to me in this tournament. It won't be a fight. It'll be a severe beating."

Present-day.

Sarah: Whhhat?! My brother fought Amaro and won also?

Bast: Yeah, it was one of the most brutal fights I saw. Hell, it was one of the greatest tournaments also. Come to think about it. It's gettin pretty late. How about I'll just tell you about when they ended up meeting in the finals?

Sarah looks at the time and nods in agreement.

Sarah: No problem. I understand we all still need our sleep.

Bast smiles laughs and says, "You're right I was more thinking about your guys needing it though. Your brother and I are cyborgs. Since we've taken our virus shots the need for sleep is no longer a thing we have to deal with.

*Sarah thinks to herself, "*Wow Yafeu and Bast must get a lot done."

The past ~ Final round for a spot as one of Adira's lieutenants.

Roars of an arena filled crowd echo through the Cauchemar coliseum. The white tiled floor of the arena is stained with blood and dirt from the previous fights.