Chapter VI: Memories

A few minutes later in Diwata's restaurant the whole crew chows down on their meal cooked by the Chef and her friends. Zachary and Kapurma are enjoying their food the most. Kapurma dips his head into the bowl & takes a big slurp then smiles at Sarah while Zachary asks for more from the owner.

The whole crew is in bliss after their meal. A few decide to order more. There were seconds, Thirds and fourth servings that were consumed.

Zachary: Ahh I'm stuffed! Richard wanna hit up the track and run all this food off?

Richard: First let me rest this off then I'll think about running it off.

*groans*

Sylvia notices her father being the only one at the table not in conversation.

Sylvia: Dad, You're kinda just staring into space. What's wrong? I know we almost lost people. A lot happened today but look we get to work together again.

Elias: No it's not that honey. I'm just thinking about your mother.

Sylvia: What? Why would you be thinking about mom?

Maxwell: Well to start she named the dish you guys are eating?

Sylvia: What? Haha Supremeo ramen!? I know you guys used to love ramen spots but how did this happen?

Elias begins to tell his daughter how her mother named the dish everyone ate. The whole table quiets down and listens.

Elias: So it was after one of our battles with the empress. We searched the area for survivors. We found Diwata. She lost her parents and had nowhere to go. As a matter of fact we had 12,000 survivors who didn't have homes. It was Bernard's (Barney) idea to bring them to Edenn and fortify the shadow base. It took a few years to build a big enough ship to bring all the survivors with us but when we did, we got straight to work and built up this town. I put this shop up. It was meant for your mother to do whatever she wanted with. And Diwata comes in. She's (Diwata) had a woman take her in who lost her daughter during the war. She was playing with the some kids and asked what I was doing. I was making food with the ingredients I gathered outside of town. Coincidentally she was hungry. I may be a mechanical engineer but I'm also an engineer with the food.

Sylvia: We know you can cook dad continue the story!

Zachary: I didn't know that...

Elias: Okay so we try the food. She absolutely loves it. Then she asks me to teach her how to cook it. Time goes by she tells me she's made the perfect bowl of ramen. And dubbed it "The Bowl Supreme." Your mother and I were expecting it to be okay. I take the first sip of the broth it blows my mind. I can't say anything. She thinks I'm joking and says, "Alright let me try this bowl supreme." She takes her sip and says, "... Oh! "I'll tell you I only seen her make that face when.

Sylvia: Dad STOP!

Elias: I was gonna say watching movies darling, movies! Hahaha! Well Diwata comes back and tells us she's renaming it Supremeo Ramen, because it pipes you up like a cup of coffee except instead of beans you get that pick me up from the seasoning and other ingredients put in there. Then you end up devouring everything else in the bowl. Plus The Supremeo bowl is way catchier than "The Bowl Supreme." After that through cooking Diwata and your mother became close. She's like your older sister in a way Sylvia.

Sylvia smiles thinking about her mother and looks at Diwata serving all the other customers in her restaurant.

Sylvia: I wonder if she misses mom like how we do dad?...

Elias: She does Sylvia. Those two were inseparable when they were together.

Elias stands up, stretches and extends his hand to his daughter.