Chapter XVIII (arc2): A War Of Words

~30 minutes ago~

Miles underneath King Yafeu's castle, Amaro faces Sigmond for the first time in years. Behind Amaro are the two droids. They stand in silence as Sigmond catches up with his former prisoner.

Sigmond: Look at you...It's been quite some time old friend. Looks like you've changed. The world has hardened you even more since your early wars it seems. Anyways with whatever changes you went through. By the looks of it, one thing remains the same. When I summon you. You'll OBEY no questions asked.

Amaro chuckled at the statement Sigmond makes then told him, "Summon, Obey? Haha! Sigmond I'm only here to see the state the King has got you in. And I'll tell ya, besides you still breathing I love it! You're a talking face attached to wires! So if you like that you can still talk. You better tell me why you've "summoned" me or just like Yafeu. I'll slowly take away your ability to function as a living being 1 by 1. And by the looks of it. You got nothing but your eyes, mouth, and brain that's left functioning.

Sigmond: Okay! Okay! Forgive me, it's an old habit I'm sorry. You're right I'm in no position to be taunting you like this. The real reason I've called you here is to let you know the truth.

Amaro: The truth about what?

Sigmond: A holder of one of my viruses...Bast. I want you to kill her...

Angrily Amaro replies "I'd never!"

Before he could continue Sigmond says, "Allow me to explain."

Sigmond replies, "Maybe I'm finally feeling guilty of all that I've done. Or maybe I don't wanna die on this island in this dungeon alone...Look Amaro I'll be straight with you. Bast not only has the healer virus that regenerates battle wounds and aging...She's also Adira's clone."

Amaro's eyes widen in shock as he listens to Sigmond's confession.

Sigmond: I was assigned to engineer the empress a successor in case she would fall in battle. So I cloned her a child. An exact copy of her in every way. Adira could mold this child with her knowledge at an early age, prolonging her rule beyond her death. I had her watch over you prisoners for extra training if one of you acted out.

Annoyed and angered Amaro interrupts and tells Sigmond, "Tell me why you called ME, to tell me this!"

Sigmond tells the angered giant, "I was just getting to it. As you know she won the tournament proving her body was physically capable of handling the healer virus. Well, the thing about that...It wasn't just the virus that she got. An undetectable microchip was injected into her as well. The chip triggers the next stage of her life's purpose. And that's being the next empress of this planet. The triggers that set off the chip are her nation being under attack resulting in her feeling the helplessness of the situation or her true love's death. Anyone who has the will to rule in their veins will rise just off of that. Our plan was for the clone to look at empress Adira as a mother figure. And when she dies by natural causes or unfortunately battle the new ruler will be ready and able...That's where you come in Amaro. Giving you the virus of bloodlust was the failsafe in case the Clone would not be in our control. She's fallen in love with Yafeu and Yafeu considers her as one of her dearest friends. The King doesn't have it in him to kill, but the will to kill is built in the clone. Once those triggers set her off, empress Adira 2.0 will make sure her wrath is felt and leaves her mark on this world. And look around you...The last ruler's mark is everywhere! Through my surveillance and scanner virus, I heard you around the bars here and in the castle here. I know you detest anything and everything the empress's name is attached to. Will you handle this?"

Sigmond looks to Amaro. His brow furrowed in anger. His eyes give a piercing stare toward Sigmond.

Amaro says, "Clone?...Her life's purpose?... It amazes me how heartless your type can be. You can replicate human life. You can improve human biology. Instead, you selfishly use your knowledge to create a living person and force 1 purpose for their soul existence? I refuse. Now let me get back to watching this fight with a cold drink in my hand. Haha! You remember how that feels, do you?"