Chapter XVI (arc2): Opening Ceremony

The sun rises.

It creeps into the bedroom as the windows slowly fill with sunlight.

Sarah lays in bed her eyes already open.

Maxwell and Zachary stare outside the window. They both see the citizens of the land gathering to the coliseum.

Yafeu gets up and stretches his biomechanical arm. Bast is in the distance. Yafeu tells her, "Let's go."

Kapurma lurks in higher grounds eying the crowd for any signs of Amaro.

Richard sets foot outside his bedroom door.

A short time later. Near the coliseum

A line of citizens converses about the upcoming event. Voices saying comments like, "The King is having a match!" "It's been forever since we saw a battle with two gladiators!" "Who's he gonna fight?" Can be heard.

A loud boisterous robot can be heard answering the last question. He says, "It doesn't matter who he fights! King Yafeu can take on anyone! He's the shining example of what perseverance and a strong will can give you! He will show us why he's our leader once again!"

As the robot continues his statement he's interrupted by a loud crackle in the sky followed by a thudding BOOM. Supremeo has arrived at the coliseum behind the spectators.

Supremeo stands tall. His armor glistened in the sunlight. The boisterous robot is now quiet. A nearby attendee talks to the robot and says, "Never seen him before." The boisterous droid nervously replies, "Guess that must be his opponent."

Inside the coliseum.

In a secluded room within the coliseum, Sarah and Bast watch Yafeu prepare for his match with Supremeo. He punches the air stretching out the muscles and gears within his shoulders. Sarah asks him, "I just don't see why us being cool with you has to involve getting into a fight. There had to be other ways but you just..."

Before Sarah could continue her sentence her brother interrupts by saying, "Sarah you remember those fights we used to watch with dad from the old times? I do, two warriors from opposite nations challenge each other in a match to find out who has the better skill in combat. And in the end, the winner earns the respect of his opponent and brings pride to his home nation." Yafeu continues to tell his sister, "Julius has disrespected me by not telling me about the robotics programs outside of Avalon. Your friend Richard will earn my respect back by letting me fight Supremeo. I will win, the nation of Avalon's Morale will be up, lowering crimes against one another and all will be forgiven. To give a nation its pride would be the ultimate gift to make sure all is forgiven. I could've told Richard to double the supplies his father provides for us but what good would that do? The Edson family is one of the richest families on the planet. They could afford to triple the supplies if I asked them to. It would still make a way for them to keep their secrets. I trust you sister. I just don't trust the people you're working with. They seem like the kind of people that talk about what's best for the world and almost always never think of people like us. They just gather up all the unwanted ones and push them to the corner of the world. Or in cases like Amaro and maybe even you sis. They use them as pawns to get their agenda off. Its sad Supremeo doesn't even know he's being used. Don't worry sis when this is done Supremeo, Richard and you will be forgiven. Zachary, Maxwell, Diwata, and Ryan will be banished. This match will also serve as a message to anyone else in the future who doesn't want to give me their 100% honest truth when they're doing business with me."

Sarah is at a loss for words. Before she could find what to say. Zachary enters the room. He tells her, "Supremeo wants everyone in his room."

Supremeo's room inside the coliseum.