Chapter XXIV (arc2): A introduction

The Land Of Avalon.

Foreign ships descend to the coliseum floor, Bast and the Citizens of Avalon prepare themselves for an attack by taking an offensive stance.

King Yafeu commands the citizens to, "Stand down!! " Bast looks to the King unsure of what he said. He looks to his number one soldier and with just a stare he assures her it's the right thing to do.

Reluctantly she puts her weapon down. And King Yafeu adds to his command saying, "It seems they're here to check on our guests." The King looks toward Max who's still clutching Richard in his arms. He nods at Max and he nods back.

The first ship that lands is Sylvia's. She steps out first with Ryan following behind. She finds her brother in the crowd and notices the body in his arms. Instantly, the tears flow and they huddle around their fallen friend.

Moments Later.

A handful of ships land behind Sylvia's. The ship's hatches pop open and armored soldiers head out with guns ready and pointed toward the civilians. The citizens of Avalon raise their weapons again without the order from their King. "HEY!! CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! "King Yafeu commands. Bast says, "THEM FIRST!"

A voice from the crowd says, "Heh... You kill the heir of the Edson fortune and draw weapons on us!? If our allies weren't surrounded by you trash we'd have mowed you down already." Zachary hears this and says, "Who the hell are you to be saying such things!? These guys are also with us! They didn't kill Richard! Let's explain things first!"

The person Zachary addresses emerged behind the line of soldiers and says, "Ahh Zachary Ohara! Nice to finally meet you. Names Rainer Sparda. I'm stepping in as the Captain of the armed forces for Victor." Rainer holds his hand out for Zach to shake. But he is too stunned to notice. Zach replies saying, "Stepping in!? Victor trained all of us to hold the mantle after him!"

Rainer replies saying, "Yes that's what Victor was training you for, but ultimately he doesn't have the final say so right? Well, the council determined between all 3 of you. You're not ready. You all share a completed record of 1,200 completed missions with Victor and you 3 by yourselves combined. I've hit 1,207 by myself. What was the statement they said? Hmm oh yeah! It's time to look to a new mindset to lead our people back to a normal way of life."

Rainer adds to his statement by saying, "It's just seniority. Victor trained me first so duh. I'd have more missions completed. Just relax, you guys will get your turn to lead when the time comes.

Zachary shakes his head and says, "All those years he's given to them and they don't trust his last wishes."

Rainer pats Zach on the back and says, "Hey man sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. I can't do much about it. When it's all said and done. These guys were always Victor's superiors right?" Zachary unclenches his fists. Rainer tells Zach as the fellow soldier, "Come walk with me..." Zachary does so without protest. And they begin to talk while being a few feet away from the group.

Rainer says, "You know what the outsiders call us Zachary? Of course you do, ' savages' right? I know where you come from...That damn blue planet. Zachary says, "Eart..." Before he could finish Rainer's troops draws their guns toward Zachary. The younger apprentice of Victor Hawkins puts his hands up while Rainer calms his troops down and tells his teacher's young apprentice, "Sorry about that. The original planet is still a touchy subject for these guys."

Rainer continues to say, "You'd like to report that back to your home and they'll stick their nose up at us. I hear what they say about us. They say we were crazy to forgive Elias Caine for the deeds he did and quite frankly...I agree."