Chapter XXIII (arc2): Selfless

Thousands of miles away from civilization. Supremeo screams in agony as he deals with Richard's death.

He lets off a star cannon blast from both his fists. As he does this 500 foot walls of water raise with this attack. Supremeo lets the water rain on him as he closes his eyes.

He says to himself, "I've failed..."

He flies further away from Avalon at a blinding speed. He ignites his meteor mode and charges forward.

Supremeo with his eyes wide open ponders the last few hard hours of his life until he notices an oddity in front of him.

A portal-like doorway appears before him in the sky. This stops Supremeo in his tracks. The doorway Raises open and a figure steps out. It stuns Supremeo leaving him in total shock and silence. He then muster the words to ask a question to the figure who stepped out of the doorway. He says,

"E...El... Elias!? What are you doing here!?!!"

What appears to be Elias Caine before Supremeo's eyes he tells the droid, "Nice seeing you Supremeo. But first, let's talk while you're in your normal state please." With a snap of his fingers, Elias instantly shuts off Supremeo's meteor mode. Surprised Supremeo, "Asks how are you doing this!?"

Elias turns around and then says, "Also, I prefer being on the ground. Hold on a bit." While in the air Elias taps his foot as if he was on the surface. As he does this Elias and Supremeo are instantly transferred to an open field on a hill. There's a bench on top of the hill. Elias sits on it and offers Supremeo the seat next to him. He takes it.

Supremeo looks toward Elias. His face is shown with concern as he stares into the distance. The wind blows in the air, and the blades of grass wave as the wind blows through. Elias starts the conversation by saying, "This is where my wife is buried..." Supremeo's eyes widen as he hears this. Elias continues to say, "We'll not really since all of this is a program...I just wanted to talk to you in a calming area for me."

Supremeo asks Elias, "If this is a program? How are you talking to me?" Elias tells Supremeo, "Because I'm part of this program to..." Supremeo looks down at his feet and says, "So what is this?... A life talk with a ghost or something?" The "A.I. Elias" smiles and says, "If that's how you want to look at it."

Elias continues to say, I've watched you from behind your eyes Supremeo. You've brought my killer in. You saved my tech from that killer. You've taken on hundreds of thousands of droids that we're willing to take lives, you did this side by side with others resulting in all of you freeing an entire nation of human beings and droids from a dark shadow that still lingered from Adira's reign. I'm saying this to tell you this. The others that knew the type of job they were signing up for." Supremeo looks to Elias and says, "Even you?..." The A.I. Elias in Supremeo's brain says, "Yes." Supremeo stares at the open field and takes in the view. He openly tells Elias, "That doesn't make it feel better. It still hurts like hell. Especially knowing that was your friend's son...These people Elias, the people like Sigmond. Who kills people like Richard. They're going to keep coming. Beyond what grew from this war...I just think to myself. Is all this pain truly worth it at the end of the day?"

Elias stands up and says, "There's no paradise here..." Supremeo looks up and Elias says, "You know who said that?" He answers his own question by saying, "It was Richard. He believed it was our duty to make that paradise. To use our strength and skills to correct the wrongs this generation did so that future generations wouldn't have to suffer from our mistakes...Do you know where he got that mindset from? His dad and me. We knew what came with the job and accepted it. Everyone around us as well Supremeo...It's no different from a soldier, officer, or knight's duty. Overall it's to be Selfless." Supremeo interrupts Elias saying, "And what about me?! Am I just supposed to bear the weight of these loses as days pass?!"