Chapter XV (arc2): Insomnia

Bast: The locals told her all about the food being rich in nutrients, the water having healing properties to it. Even the medicine and knowledge they possessed were advanced compared to the rest of the world. And Adira took almost all of that. She arrogantly believed her fight was more important for her and her people to use their resources, than for the people Avalon who welcomed her with open arms to use it so freely. Flash forward to now we're overpopulated, resources are low and now I find out my only father figure is being hunted down by a group of trained soldiers. One of them happens to be my friend's sister. Earlier when your brother talked about calling this land its true name. It was for the people. Not for its leader.

Sarah smiles and says to Bast, "That was always my brother. He cared about others first and always put himself second."

Bast stands up preparing to exit. She tells Sarah, "His teacher was your father right? He told me he was the greatest warrior of your homeland?" Sarah replies saying, "Not just warrior. He was a great scholar and humanitarian as well. If you wanna see his values just look to his son and students."

Bast smiles then tells Sarah, "Sounds like he was a great man."

Sarah smiles and replies, "He was." Then in a serious tone she tells Bast, "I'm sorry for Amaro too." She continues to say, "I had no idea that's what you guys went through. Especially Amaro."

Bast then tells Sarah, "I'm sure for Maxwell and Richard, Amaro being injected with the bloodlust virus won't change anything. But he was like a father figure to us here in Avalon." Bast pauses then continues to tell Sarah, "I trust you Sarah, and I think your people are good people. Just know this. Your brother or I won't let anyone harm him. If Supremeo or anyone else has revenge in mind against Amaro. I can assure you that won't be taken well here. That's not a threat. It's just the truth. He may be a villain in your world, but he's a hero to the people here. When Adira abandoned her castle he helped build Avalon back up the best he could and helped your brother gain trust with these people. Which led him to earn the crown. Let us help in finding a way to bring justice to Elias. With his fight with Supremeo tomorrow I won't let anything too crazy happen. If Yafeu gets carried away I'll stop it instantly."

Sarah nods and tells Bast, "Okay."

As Bast heads out Sarah tells herself, "Great now how the hell am I supposed to sleep after learning about all of this!"

Meanwhile in room down the hall.

Supremeo hasn't shut off for the night as well. A close up of his eyes reveals the gears of his Panoptes lenses shifting back and forth. In each eye, it's revealed he's looking at Yafeu exciting the dungeon where Sigmond was housed. And he also was listening to Bast tell her story about their past.

Camouflage tech floats in the distance and maneuvers its way around the castle to an open window. And flies right into Supremeo's room. The tech is revealed to be Supremeo's "Horn like ears" on his head. They double as drones to provide Supremeo with visuals of the battlefield from great distances.

They reattach to Supremeo's head and he says, "You get all that Kap?"

Richard's airship.

A group of droids are battered and bunched together in a corner. On a distant table is an open container of ice cream. A spoon is dropped down. Kapurma turns around in his Camouflage cloak wearing Glasses that resemble Supremeo's eyes and the Panoptes lenses that they're made of. He replies to Supremeo, "Loud and clear. Seems like the King and his soldiers are products of Amaro Midas and his beliefs. Hopefully, the King will understand our anger when one of our greatest links in a chain for a progressive society were taken away from us. Amaro was their link these people respected the gladiator and it made them tougher. And sometime down the line, that virus has tragically made him a mad man."

Supremeo's room.

Supremeo: It's been decades. The King is his own man at this point. I'm hopeful an understanding can be made in choosing how we'll deal with Amaro.

Richard's airship.

Kapurma: And what if it doesn't?

Supremeo's room.

Supremeo: We'd be the cause of potentially initiating a war with a forbidden nation.

Richard's airship.

With a nervous twitch in his eye. Kapurma replied, "Well there goes my sleep for tonight."