Chapter XIII pt.1 (arc.2): Pain

Water drips and hits the concrete floor. The eyes of a person look to Julius in his cell.

It's his only son.

He asks him, "What have you got to say to me?"

Julius tilts his head up takes a small breathe and exhales. Then Julius says, "You were never meant to be involved in this." Julius stares at his son with an emotionless expression awaiting his sons reply.

As if Julius seen the levels of rage build up in his child Richard replies, " WHAT!?! HOW WOULDN'T I BE INVOLVED!?! YOU HELPED KILL MY FIANCÉE'S FATHER**!!**"

Julius closes his eyes then takes another deep breath and exhales as if he's told himself, "That wasn't too bad." Then looks to his son with a facial expression of unconditional love and tells him, "You falling in love with Sylvia wasn't part of the plan. Handing the company to you was part of the plan. That was to put yourself as far away from this as possible."

Richard replies, "What about you?! You killed a good man! There's still my father murdering 1 of the great heroes that ended the horrors of the hundred year war!"

For the first time Julius shows emotion. A "smile". He laughs to himself and tells his son, "There are no good men in this world son. The sooner you know that the sooner you'll survive this world. LOOK AROUND YOU BOY! THERE'S A FIGHT BREWING! THERE ALWAYS IS! "

Richard shocked at his father's outburst tries to calm him down but his offer of temporary peace was neglected. The elder Edson yells at his son, DON'T YOU DARE GIVE ME THAT HOW TO DEAL WITH PTSD SH#T!! HE COULD'VE HELPED!! "

Richard looks at his father. His eyes start to well up as he listens to his father bare his soul, "Those damn land pirates that tore your sister apart!! We were gonna lead an expedition to hunt those bastards down.... Elias opted to talk to them...Talk to them dammit!"

Richard's hard look toward his father now softens. He tells his father, "Dad the leader brought out the killers and hacked their heads off in front of you both...."

Julius screams, "THAT DOESN'T MATTER!! THEY ALL DESERVED TO GO!! SHE WAS YOUR SISTER RICHARD! YOUR ONLY SISTER! MY ONLY DAUGHTER!" Richard stares blankly at his father's reaction his facial expression slowly turning to one of mental pain.

Richard replies, "Dad....I loved Madeline to, but we've all lost people...Even Elias, Diana was killed in front of Max while Sylvia was a baby.....

Julius looks toward his son. Enraged but not toward him. The betrayal he once felt toward his best friend has been spoken out into the world now for the first time. And it was in front of his only son. Julius was at a loss for words.

Not because of regret. It was because of his conviction. His conviction towards the mission of the warlord's dreams went straight forward without a hitch. He even helped kill his best friend in the process. And is now telling his son about it. Julius was at a loss for words because he was at peace with everything.

Before his son spoke to him. Julius told himself, "Richard would be okay at the end of all of this. The company would take care of him and the generations to come."

Julius's thoughts are interrupted by a statement from his son.

Richard tells his father, "I'll be going...I also wanted to tell you I'll be giving Sylvia the company."

Richard turns to look at his father now Julius is slightly annoyed and makes a gestures as if to say, "Well what can I do with that news."

Richard continues to say, "I know you're still in pain over Madeline, but that doesn't give you an excuse to side with people like that. It was the least I could do."