↠believe(Jaesahi)

Couple- Yoon Jaehyuk and Hamada Asahi

             This was inspired by the song "the only exception".  It's beautiful how people come to believe love exists. I still don't believe it but lets get it.

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asahi never believed in love. After seeing his parent's relationship fall apart right before his eyes. It was tragic really. The eyes that once carried love have now turned into pure hatred. You would think after being around his friends and their significant others he would have some belief.  He doesn't. His parents were once so in love. Dancing around in the kitchen, having weird karaokes during road trips. One day it all just changed. They started arguing more. Blaming each other and their families. Sometimes Asahi hoped when he woke up that this was all just a dream. 

His parents aren't divorced. That makes it more unbearable. They are constantly being at each other's necks. It makes it worse that he is their only child. He knows they love him. he was their world. But not each other. Asahi acted like the fights didn't happen. But deep inside it just turned into fear that this is how relationships end.  

Today he woke up groaning to the annoying sound of his alarm clock. He pushes himself up and gets up to get ready for school. After 30 minutes he heads down the stairs. He sees his mom in the kitchen making his breakfast. He sees his father's shoes missing and assumes he went to work like always. He sighs and walks towards his mom and kisses her cheek. "good morning" he says with a sweet smile that she returns. "good morning darling! eat up!" she says as she sets a bowl of seaweed soup in front of him along with rice and some kimchi. 

After eating Asahi heads out of the house. As soon as he steps out of the house he shivers at the cold morning. He stuffs his hands in his sweater and crosses the street and reaches a house painted blue and knocks on the door. After a minute the door opens revealing Haruto , who is his childhood friend. "hey Asahi " Haruto says as he lets him in. Asahi rolls his eyes and says "yeah yeah good morning. You ready to go?" Haruto nods and calls out for his boyfriend Junkyu who rushes down the stairs while fixing his shirt. "I'm Here! let's go!" he says and the other two nod.

The 3 friends now set off to school. They make small talk about random things. "You know there is a new kid in our grade? I don't know what major he is though," says Junkyu pouting making Haruto ruffle his hair. Asahi just shrugs his shoulders and rolled his eyes at the couple. Haruto nudges Asahi's shoulders and says "hey maybe this is your chance to fall in love." Asahi smacks Haruto 's head making him yelp and fake cry while Asahi rolls his eyes. Junkyu just giggles and says "a new friend would be nice."

After what feels like an eternity they reach their school and meet up with the rest of their group. Jeongwoo runs up to Asahi and throws his arm over his shoulder "Heya bud. What's up" he asks. Asahi looks up and says "the walls?" making Hyunsuk laugh and Jeongwoo  smacks his head. Asahi smiles a little and asks "What period do we have?". Hyunsuk takes out his phone and replies "Me, Yedam and Junkyu have Calculus. Jeongwoo and Mashiho have political science And lastly you and Haruto have literature." This causes the whole group to groan. 

They separate and go to their classes. When Haruto and Asahi reach their classroom. Haruto runs to the seats at the back of the class and places his bag down as Asahi follows him lifelessly. "I don't understand why I need literature. I'm an art major for crying out loud," he mumbles making Haruto smile at his grumpy friend. Asahi lays his head down on the table and asks Haruto to wake him up when their teacher arrives.  After not even five minutes the teacher arrives. She has a bright smile like always. Haruto taps Asahi 's desk that wakes him up, although Asahi hates literature he still very much cared about his grades.