↠Bestfriends (Hajeongwoo)

Pairing: Watanbe Haruto and Park Jeongwoo.

Requested by:@NadiraBegum0

Not much of a plot but just Jeongwoo admiring Haruto :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongwoo and Haruto, Haruto and Jeongwoo.

Ever since the two had met, they were inseparable. Everyone around them knew it. They did everything together and never kept secrets. 

But there was a huge thing Jeongwoo was hiding. Which would be surprising since he knew everything about Haruto ,vice versa. So what could he possibly need to hide? Why was it such a big deal? Why could he tell Haruto everything from him almost killing someone to what he ate yesterday but he had to hide this?

Well you see, Jeongwoo cherished  Haruto very much. He would do anything to keep their relationship the way it is, therefore in his mind it was essential for him to hide his feelings towards Haruto, for if Haruto found wouldn't he be disgusted with him? Jeongwoo has seen it happen multiple times in movies and he doesn't think the odds are in his favor either. 

Haruto knew Jeongwoo was gay, he himself was Bi-sexual. But Jeongwoo worried that Haruto would hate him for liking him. He knew it was dumb of him to think so, Haruto was an understanding person. But he didn't want to confess unless he knew the other person liked him as well. Being the person he is, he was scared of rejection and heart break. So he decided to just keep his unrequited love to himself.

His day to day was the same, he would wake up to the alarm of a song Haruto composed with one of their friends ,Asahi. It was a love song. When they showed it to Jeongwoo he commented on the two being sappy romantics when in reality his heart was leaping out of his chest wondering who Haruto wrote it for. 

He would then some how pull himself out of bed, and stumble into his bathroom and get ready for school. He would then look at the time and realize Haruto was probably waiting for him outside. He would run out the door while his mom muttered some words about him needing to eat breakfast while Jeongwoo would say he would get some with Haruto.

He would walk to school with Haruto everyday. There was never a second of silence between the two of them, it was always filled with laughter and words. Jeongwoo loved how Haruto was so talkative when they were alone, he could ramble on for hours without any interruptions. Jeongwoo would always curse god when they reached the school, wishing the walk was longer. The two had different classes a majority of the time, except for geography, which was good for Jeongwoo. If they were in the same class Jeongwoo would probably get too distracted by Haruto which explains why Jeongwoo was failing so bad at geography.

Jeongwoo would listen to classes and do his work quietly until lunch. He was always out the door as the bell rang since he was happy he could see Haruto. He would sit with their friends at their table. Jeongwoo was that friend who always made faces at couples and PDA. But this was absurd to Jihoon, Jaehyuk and Asahi who had already found out about Jeongwoo's big fat crush on Haruto. 

It was weird how none of the others noticed really, Jeongwoo would always admire Haruto's handsome face. He was a chiseled statue, absolutely flawless. Many of their friends including Haruto, always thought that Jeongwoo would like someone cute, and the complete opposite of Haruto. And of course to avoid suspicion, Jeongwoo would go along with it.

"Woo, you should let your love life breath a little, do you plan on remaining single for the rest of your life?" one of their friends would ask. Almost as if out of reflex Jeongwoo would always reply "Love is for the weak," making three boys snicker with Jeongwoo kicking them under the table.

After lunch Jeongwoo would return to class and wait for the school day to be over so that he could go play basket ball with his friends. Which wasn't the reason actually, Jeongwoo was never a huge athlete but would never pass up the chance to look at a sweaty Haruto  (sweaty is hot, don't fight Jeongwoo on that).

He would sometimes join the game, other times he would come up with some excuse to sit it out along with Yedam, who wasn't ever bothered enough to play.

After the game ended Haruto and Jeongwoo would walk home, same as the morning. The two lived close by so they saw each other often. And Haruto basically lived at Jeongwoo's house since  his parents were never home. Jeongwoo's parents had already taken in Haruto as their own. 

Haruto and Jeongwoo would do their homework separately since Jeongwoo insisted it was more efficient (because a certain someone would always get distracted by someone but lets not go there). Seeing how horrible Jeongwoo was at geography, Haruto had tried to teach the latter. Which of course did no help, Jeongwoo could never focus enough and self studying a subject like geography is impossible. So he just re-torted to failing his least (favorite) Favorite subject.

After that the two would just talk or play games. Jeongwoo took pride in his gaming, he was one of the best in their friend group. And it never failed to amaze Haruto how good Jeongwoo was at it. Which pushed Jeongwoo to get even better at it.

After Haruto would leave, Jeongwoo would sulk with the realization that he would never be able to actually confess to Haruto, and one day he would have to see Haruto get married to someone who wasn't him as he stood as his best man. Yes, the two had made a pact that no matter what changes they would always have to be the best man at each others wedding. When they promised that Jeongwoo joked that the grooms could not be each other's best man, Haruto hit him saying he had better taste than to date Jeongwoo. 

And man that hurt. Jeongwoo knew he was joking, but it still hurt a little. 

Of course Jeongwoo wasn't dumb enough to spill out his feelings for Haruto in some diary only for the other to find it and read it. Jeongwoo was always cautious if he talked about his crush. He didn't want anyone else to know. He was embarrassed about it. Which according to Jihoon, was wrong. Love is love.

But again, they are still young. They knew nothing about love and heart break. The closest thing they could think of was rejection, which anyone would say cannot be compared to heart break. Jeongwoo wasn't the most mature teenager. He knew that. He knew that he would eventually have to get over his sappy crush on Haruto. But after a few talks with Asahi, he realized he might not just have a crush. He might be in love.

He always thought the two meant the same thing, but no. Love and like were two different things. And it was terrifying thinking that he already loved someone. Jeongwoo would stay up on multiple nights trying to sort out his feelings for Haruto, trying to put an end to this meaningless crush.

But he always ended up in a dead end.

So he decided one day, he would let things go with the flow. Control is overrated any way. So let it go how it goes. Their bond was too strong to be broken at the end of the day. And by the time something tests them, they would be mature enough to be able to deal with it.

_______________

inspired by someone else's life. aka exposing my friend who is hoplessly in love  with someone who won't reciprocate it :)