↠ Study time(Dohwan)

Pairing: Kim Doyoung and So Jung Hwan

The basic idea of this one-shot is that studying sucks and having someone to be there with you through it is nice. Sadly I can't relate. So on with imagining.

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"YG high" the school that was known for having one of the best and brightest atmospheres seemed to have dimmed down for the past few days. Not literally of course, but if you looked close enough you would know. 

The soccer fields that were almost always filled with teenagers running, and the bleachers that always had visitors, were seemingly empty. The usual noisiness of the music blocks was non existent. 

But one room was filled with young students, whilst the rest were left astray. That room being the library. Ah yes, it was the exam season. One that almost everyone dreaded but work hard for. And So Junghwan was no exception, he wanted to score high in all of his subjects and maintain his straight A streak. 

But of course classes get progressively harder. So this meant that more time was spent in understanding and reviewing materials. Spending long excruciating hours in the library became a routine for students. This also meant that they get less time to spend with the people they love and that was the hardest part according to Junghwan.

No matter how smart the kid was, he always wanted to spend more time with his boyfriend rather than his studies. But with exams, he knew he needed to catch up with classes and material to score well. Love aside, school was important sadly. 

And so here he was, sitting in the library alone trying to comprehend a passage from his physics lectures. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't get himself to focus somedays. Which was rather unfortunate considering the fact that he had way too much to finish up. He tried everything to get himself to focus, meditating, humming, a small nap. But all to vain.

The young boy grew frustrated. Who wouldn't? And so he decided, maybe if he couldn't study it was because of the atmosphere. Changing it would help right? This gave him a glimmer of hope. He then closed his Books and placed them into his bag. He got up and swung it over his shoulder, quietly then exiting the library. 

He debated staying at school or going back home to finish reviewing material. 

"I'm probably better off at home," he mumbled to himself. And so he left the school premises and walked towards the bus station. He sat by the stand to look at the time and figure out what bus he'd have to take.

Suddenly, Junghwan had an epiphany. The thought caused him to smile. It was fool proof for sure. And exactly, as if scripted, the bus he needed to catch stood in front of him. He got on without a second thought. 

He sat on the bus for a good 20 minutes before reaching his destination. After he got of the bus he walked towards the an apartment that he knew all too well. 

"1084" it reads in front of the door.

He knocks twice and hears a shuffle behind the door. Unconsciously this makes him smile. The door finally opens, revealing a fair male with brown hair.

"Junghwan-ie?" Says the male. The younger in turn just smiles.

The brown haired man was Doyoung, aka Junghwan's lovely boyfriend. Yes, Junghwan decided to go to his Boyfriends apartment to study since the boy was a well known prodigy. 

Doyoung very well knew that Junghwan's exam schedules were approaching ,so it didn't take him too long to guess why the other turned up at his door step.

"Come in," he finally says, which Junghwan gladly abides to. Doyoung gets the younger a glass of water and hands it to him.

"What's giving you a hard time?"

"Can I say everything?" 

Doyoung looks at him unamused. 

"Physics" Junghwan replies with a pout, that Doyoung can't help but find cute. He shakes his head.

"Let's get your books out, I'll help you out slowly,"

Junghwan nods and does exactly that.

Doyoung always was a great tutor, in fact he got to know Junghwan through tutoring. In his Junior year he signed up to help the lower grades after school for a bit of extra credit, needless to say it was hectic. But he always enjoyed it, so much so that he continued it through out the entirety of his high school. And in one of such sessions, in came this cute boy utterly clueless. At first he didn't stick out much to Doyoung, but in just a week he couldn't help but pay attention to this boy. In Doyoung's eyes Junghwan is pure and lovely. Which he most definitely was.

Junghwan knew Doyoung, before Doyoung knew him. Not very well of course, but he  knew him as a senior everyone looked up to. He was a star student loved by teachers as well. It wasn't until tutoring that he really got to know Doyoung. And like everyone else he found Doyoung to be sweet caring and smart.

The Next two years go past in a blur for both of them, and now you see them. Junghwan a senior in high school and Doyoung in University. It seems unbelievable how fast time passes by. 

"And that's all there is to newton's rules!" finishes Doyoung.

"That's all?! You do realize you have been blabbing about it for nearly an hour about this?" the younger exclaims. Doyoung laughs and ruffles his hair. He looks towards the clock that reads 7 pm.

"Do you plan on staying or going back home?" he asks. Junghwan thinks for a bit and says "I don't think staying is a bad idea considering I have my finals in 5 days," the other nods.

"How about you review some more material and I'll go get some food for us to cook from the convenience store?"

Junghwan sighs and nods. Doyoung plants a kiss on Junghwan's cheek and gets his jacket to head out.  Doyoung's apartment complex was very accommodating in the sense that it had everything you need within a 5 km radius. It also explained it's very high rent, but it was definitely worth it. 

The convinience store was crowded tonight, mostly by youths who Doyoung thought probably also had their finals coming up and couldn't afford to waste time cooking a meal, which was unfortunate.

Shaking off these thoughts Doyoung turns back to his apartment after a good thirty minutes. 

Upon entering he was greeted with silence, not even the sound of pages was heard. Finding this very eerie he went in with careful steps. He was met with the sight of Junghwan in an uncomfortable position on the couch asleep. 

As though it was a reflex he fetches out his phone to click a picture. Infatuated with the youngers sleeping face he coos. He heads into his bedroom to get a pillow and blanket for Junghwan. He fixes the younger's position.

He tidies up the table filled with Junghwan's books. He also places the bag with the food by the table. He debated eating by himself but decided not to since he wanted to wait for the younger. He took out his laptop to catch up on a few assignments for Uni while waiting for the younger to wake up.

...

Yes I am rusty and dusty but bare with me ya'll.