↠line without a hook (Mashikyu)

Couple: Takata Mashiho and Kim Junkyu

T/W: rape.

I wrote this story thinking about the lyrics of the song line without a hook. I know there are so many interpretations of the song. So this isn't a direct like copy (?) of the song rather i took inspiration from it. This contains mentions of rape and suicide and is kind of heavy. So read at your own risk.

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mashiho and Junkyu had been together for the past 2 years. If you ask both of them they were the happiest they could be in these two years. It was filled with happiness.

Their relationship isn't perfect don't get me wrong. It too had a lot of bumps. Like Mashiho's job and him having to run to his mom any time called. Of course Junkyu understood Mashiho's priority being his mom, and therefore to help her Mashiho needed to work hard in order to pay for the bills. Junkyu didn't want Mashiho to have to work for them as well. So he too got himself a job and worked hard to be able to live comfortably without worrying about money all the time.

Another bump would be Junkyu's low self-esteem. Junkyu never gave himself proper credit for everything he is and everything he does. It wouldn't bother Mashiho much if it was just a matter of Junkyu not seeing how wonderful he was, he could show the other that himself. But his problem was that Junkyu never understood the gaze of others. He was always prey to outsiders wanting to pounce on any chance. He would always just say it was impossible while it frustrated Mashiho.

Today was one of the days Junkyu didn't know exactly when Mashiho would be coming home. He would go to sleep but he knows Mashiho probably forgot his keys at home like usual, so if he goes to sleep, Mashiho would be locked outside. Junkyu tried calling Mashiho but his phone was switched off

"He must have gone to the hospital," Junkyu thought to himself.

On days like this Mashiho would probably return at 8 am and sleep in when Junkyu goes to work, but Junkyu stays up every time. He reasoned with himself saying that there was still a possibility that Mashiho would come earlier that day. Mashiho didn't know about Junkyu staying up all night like that. If he did it most certainly would end in him lecturing Junkyu. But Junkyu made sure to leave no traces of this.

Junkyu sat on the kitchen island with a mug of coffee and a book. Junkyu never had a habit of reading books before he started staying up late waiting. But he turned to books eventually because he knew watching TV or going on his phone would do him harm. Now he was absolutely obsessed with reading. Mashiho never knew of the other's fascination with reading. It was almost like it came out of the blue, but he didn't really question it further.

Hours passed as Junkyu sat there reading. Before he knew it , the sun was rising. He sighed to himself "I should really learn to stop waiting"

He got off the chair to go get ready to get ready for his job.

Junkyu was blessed for a fact because no matter how much he didn't sleep, he wouldn't have dark circles, making it easier for him to hide it from Mashiho. He took his bag downstairs and placed it on the sofa. He washed his hands and cut some fruit for Mashiho and himself as well as toasting some bread. He would make something fancier but he would probably burn down the house. Right as he took the toast out of the toaster he heard a bell ring. He reached the door and opened it.

He gave Mashiho a smile ,which the other returned. Mashiho turned to the room they shared together to freshen up as Junkyu sat to eat his breakfast before leaving for work. Mashiho entered the kitchen wearing a pair of clean clothes. He saw the breakfast Junkyu made for him. He placed a kiss on the others head and muttered a thank you.