3

It's been weeks, getting ready for our competition that's tomorrow

It's been weeks, getting ready for our competition that's tomorrow.This is the first competition. We had to travel by car, so the parents were responsible for driving.

And of course if they can't drive the child, I would. So we had to get the children ready before, so as soon as we got there we would be ready.

Remembering I have to talk to Mother about Mrs. Duncan taking leave, and her pregnancy.

Throwing on a hoodie, I start making my way downstairs only to be greeted by the smell of muffins.
I look to the side in the kitchen to see my mother COOKING?!

Feeling like this is some type of trap, I carefully approach her and sit on the barstool.

"We need to talk," Mother said, Pouring muffin mix in cupcake holders.

I nodded nervously waiting for her to continue, I hate when people say 'We need to talk' to add a dramatic effect to it.

"We have an upcoming fashion show, Karen is obviously involved but we need more models.." Mother led out sprinkling chocolate chips on the muffin batter.

"Ok...."

Mother turned around facing me "I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks to get the best models, I know how you hate it wh-"

"Mom, It's fine, honestly" I cut off her rant as a glimpse of sadness ran through her eyes.

"Oh by the way Mrs. Duncan is pregnant and you cannot fire her" I rushed out while my mom was in a good mood.

I watched as she looked a little taken back by my words, Mother took a deep sigh before saying "I'll give her pay on maternity leave, till then we'll do without" Mother then left the kitchen as I nodded still shocked by mother Generosity.

Taking her answer, I go upstairs to change into sweatpants and a vintage shirt. Grabbing my duffel bag, I put my wallet in and a change of clothes.

I had to go to Mrs.Duncan's to tell her the news, then I had to go to the grocery store to get some snacks and drinks for the girls.

As I was loading up my black Mercedes Benz trunk with my duffel bag, Knowing mother's probably busy.

-
Pulling into the parking lot of the E-Market that's down the street from our house. I wanted to be in and out quickly.

I loved getting snacks for the girls, for after practice. So that they could stay hydrated and full of energy. Going inside the store I grabbed some cuties, which are little oranges that are quite frankly easy to peel.

As a kid, I was a picky eater. The only fruit I would eat was cuties. I was glad I grew out of that phase.

Also grabbing some fruit snacks, and a little pack of cookies, I started making my way to the drinks.

When bringing snacks I understand some kids have allergies. I bought some apples for Darcy seeing she's allergic to orange flavor.

After I grabbed water, a cooler so the water can be cold I paid for the goodies and went down to Mrs Duncan house.