12

"What am I going to do?!" I exclaimed as Julius and Jay watched my antics

I was going with Kain in like three hours, I had nothing to wear and my curly hair wasn't acting right.

"And you claim you don't like him," Jay said, shaking their head.

Whipping my head around to look Jay in the eye "I don't like him, crushes are immature. And plus I don't need a relationship right now " I said as I threw a pair of heels across the room.

I heard a couple snickers as Lauren was on FaceTime. Maybe I was being dramatic about what to wear, but! My appearance is important to me.

"How about this?" Jay held up a short sleeve shirt. "No" I said as Julius threw a shirt at me

Picking it up it was a black oversized puffy button up. I then grabbed a pair of jeans walking into the bathroom and changed into the outfit.

Looking in the mirror I tucked in the oversize buttons up as I unbuttoned a couple buttons showing a little cleavage to my liking.

Grabbing a pair of black ankle combat boots. I buckled on my belt as I like my appearance. I moisturized my curly hair, as I brushed it out giving me a wet hair look. I've always had 3c curl type, Which was hard to manage but my mother helped me.

Mom had 4B curl hair type, all hair types are beautiful and unique.

Walking out the bathroom, I was getting tired but it was time for me to leave in an hour. I took that long to get ready.

"You look hot" Julius complimented me as I smiled gracefully.

-

"Hey Shelby" I said, closing the door as Jay and Julius had a date tonight.

Shelby turned around as she had a slight baby bump. "How are you today?" I asked as she has been having bad morning sickness. So bad that she had to go to the hospital

Speaking of the hospital, my father was still unconscious. The doctors say it's up to him whether he wakes up or not. If he does, my mother and I talked about checking him into rehab for his drug usage.

"Better than yesterday," Shelby said as she prepared a fruit salad for herself. Lately Shelby doesn't work as much for us it's more like she's a part of the family

"Where you going all glammed up" Shelby teased as she nudged me walking to the fridge

"Hanging out with Kain" I shrugged as Shelbys smirk grew.

"That cute boy who was here when you were sick?" Shelby smirked more. Sounds about right.

"Yeah, I'm going to his fight thing" I said casually, popping a grape in my mouth.

"Does he know?"Shelby perilous around the subject, There was a lot he didn't know and it was going to stay that way. He wasn't going to be in my life forever. He doesn't need my whole life story.