15

"He's awake and stable now, You can see him in an hour" The nurse said before walking away.

Needing a minute I walk outside to see Kain putting out a cigarette. Bad lungs

"It's kind of hard to read your face, what happened?" Kain asked, "he's fine" I said leaning on the wall.

Hearing a car nearby I looked up to see Julius getting out of his car as I met him halfway, He embraced me into a soft hug as I wrapped my arms around his waist. Resting my head on his shoulder.

"He's okay" my voice broke a bit.

"Yep" Julius reassured me as he patted my hair in the back.

Letting go of Julius, I went back inside of the hospital to find my mom. I saw her in the waiting room. Taking a seat beside her as she looked up at me vulnerable.

"I still love your father, that's something that'll never change. He was my first love. Well... after Jess but still" Mother said, making me chuckle a bit.

"Who's Jess?"

Mother lips formed a small smirk "Jessie, was my first love, and I gave up on him. Missing the small changes" my mom sent a small smile towards me.

-

"He's awake" a nurse said as me and mother jumped up and followed her.

Walking into the room I saw my father, lifeless. "Where's Abigail?" Father gasped out.

"Who?" My mother and I asked at the same time.

"My daughter"

Tears started forming in the corner of my eyes, as I walked up to father grabbing his hand. "Abigail? No dad my name is Malia" I kind of laughed at the confusion.

Father let go of my hand when he picked up his wallet and flashed a picture of a young girl smiling with him and this blonde woman.

A sick pit in my stomach was about to rise. I needed to get out of here. Running out of the hospital I threw up on the curb. Lazily pulling my hair in a ponytail. Feeling a hand on my back I look back to see Kain.

"What the hell happened?" Kain asked as I slid down the wall on the concrete.

"Nothing" I gasp out as more tears fell from my face. He wasn't there for me.. letting me and mother go through the worse while he's starting a new family.  "I was just.. blindsided I guess" I laugh to myself wiping my tear stained face.

"Stop crying" Kain said. "I don't know how to deal with crying people"

"I can't stop" I sobbed out, Kain took a deep breath before hugging me, I rested my head on his chest.

I could not believe he started a new family. He abandoned us to start a new family.

"Thank you for being here" I gave Kain a small smile in appreciation .

"Yeah, Anytime.  but you owe me a new shirt" Kain joked as I chuckled.

-
Kains POV.

Watching Malia fall asleep on me while I just let her be. You could tell behind her smiles that she was struggling.  There was a faint smell of vanilla from her.

There was something about her smile, it would make you feel... different. Maybe I did have a case of Malia... probably bad too.

I was thinking of asking her out or something but she has so much shit going on.

Hearing a faint snore from Malia which made me chuckle, she claimed she didn't snore.

Burk was right, I was being a pussy. But Malia is complicated, her face will say something different than her mouth.