35

5 stages of grief
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Looking at my dress in the mirror, I fixed the dress from behind. I slipped on a pair of black heels. I brought a black furry coat just in case I get cold.

"Have you talked to Kain?" Shelby asked me as she handed me a cup of tea.

"We talked the other night" I said before sipping my tea.

"He didn't want you to help him get ready?" Mom came in the kitchen. Kain was a private person. He would rather grief in peace, I basically had to convince him to have a funeral.

"No, can we please stop talking about Kain, or anything that as to do with today, how about we talk about the weather or something" I said before getting up and walking out to the garage.

I took the car, to drive around mostly. I somehow ended up in front of Kain house. I went inside as it was dark pitch black. Going upstairs I opened the door to Kain room.

"I didn't know you were coming over" Kain said trying to tie his tie

"Sorry, I was driving around" I approached Kain, before taking the tie and helping him out. I felt a tear fall on my hand, as I looked up to see Kain trying to keep it together.

"It's ok to cry, to feel"

"I'm fine" Kain sniffled wiping his tears. All I could do was hug him. I wish I could take his pain away.

Denial...

"Let's go, we'll be late" I said before walking away but Kain linked his hand with mine.

Arriving at the funeral, it was very few people here. Kain wanted it to be a inclosed funeral.

The service went on, and right when it was time for Kain to speak. I knew this wasn't a good idea.

Kain went up there fixing his jacket. "I know I'm up here to honor this man. But I can't. I can't say, he's in a better place now because we all know he's in hell. Wanna know something funny though, people are honoring this man like he was good person. Rot in hell " Kain said before storming off the stage.

Anger.....

The crowd gasped, there wasn't a single lie in what Kain said but, I was quick to get up and follow him. Even in heels was hard

"Stop with the dramatic exist, I'm about to break a ankle" I yelled loud enough for Kain to hear while I slipped off my heel.

Sitting down by Kain under the tree. The funeral was a outside one. It was pretty plain since it was last minute. It was a week after the accident, Grace was making a full recovery but they were questioning if she would ever be the same mentally.

"The day, in the car when I answered that call. It was Elijah, He wanted the key then. If I would've gave it to him... everything would've been fine" Kain spoke as he closed his eyes and leaned his head on the tree

"Nothing is your fault. What happened wasn't your fault. It was in the hands of Elijah." I reassured placing my hand on top of Kains

Bargaining...

"Let's go visit Grace" I tried to take Kain mind off of this for right now.

At the hospital, Kain and Grace were talking about when she could see her best friend Veronica, I offered to call Lauren and fill her in because I haven't talked to her in a while.

"Hey Grace" I smiled walking into the room as her fragile body Laid there hooked up to all these machines.

"Hey Malia!" Grace said excitedly, I was glad to see her enthusiastic especially after everything.