7

Do this, do that

Do this, do that. Wear your hair like this.

Today was the fashion show. People were all around our house. My mother was on her 5th cup of coffee.

I was also busy lesson planning, tomorrow the dance break was over. So the kids had practice tomorrow.

Going downstairs, I notice the smell of baked goods. Most importantly lemon pie

Looking to the left I see Shelby taking out three lemon pies out the oven.

"What's the occasion?" I asked knowing she didn't make it for the fashion show

"The guests need food, so your mother hired me as the caterer at the last minute," Shelby said, throwing a cup of flour in a bowl.

Well she did make it for the fashion show.

"Need any help?" I asked genuinely, I know Shelby hard when people were in her work place but I still wanted to offer.

"No thank you" Shelby said politely, I nodded leaving the kitchen.

Knew people were busy yet I was bored. I had dance routines ready. Though I wanted to buy the girls pointer shoes.

I still had a plus one card I haven't used. Julius is busy, Lauren is going to Disney world with Veronica. Those are all my friends.

Damn I really need more friends.

Heading upstairs, I needed to change before the fashion show. I went to my room and changed into a grey sweatshirt with light washed mom jeans.

As I was putting my hair into a curly top ponytail, I tied a grey bandanna around my hair. As my curls fell lazy and long.

My phone started ringing as I answered not bothering to read the contact name

I probably should've.

"Hello?" I talked into the phone as I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Malia" Kain spoke as I froze.

Did he see me?
Isn't he supposed to be dead ?
What if he knows I was there?

"Yes?" I answered as normally as possible.

"Meet me at NE park" Kain spoke before he hung up.

Should I go? The fashion show was in two hours

Going downstairs I was immediately ambushed by my mother.

"Mom I'm going to be out but I'll come to the fashion show as soon as I'm done " I negotiated as mother looked wrathful.

"Malia, take your dress. And heels. I'm counting on you to be on time " Mother said before she walked to the dine room.

Walking to my mothers office I saw the dress, as I grabbed a garment hanger bag. I zipped the dress carrier.

Picking out a pair of heels to match the dress, I loaded bag in my baby (My Mercedes)