24

KAIN'S POV. October 18th

"Come on Gracie" I grabbed Grace's hand to drop her off at Kindergarten. Grace has been having a rough week especially since our mothers anniversary is coming up.

"I don't wanna go" Grace whined as her lip started to tremble. Oh shit, here comes the tears.

Crouching down to her level "If you have a good day today I'll buy you a tablet" I bribed her.

Her face quickly fixed before she looked up like she was thinking "what if I have a bad day ?" She asked as a tear fell from her eye that I wiped with my thumb.

"Then I'll buy you ice cream to make you feel better"

"Okay!" She happily fixed her attitude, before kissing my cheek and running in her classroom, Kids.

Today I had plans to talk to my racing manager about pay. There was something going on with my cut, I posted to my manager Dante 30% of everything I earned from fighting and racing. Yet the incom been low lately.

Malia hasn't been answering my messages, even yesterday she was acting weird. Just seems distant, less talkative; she even turned down the chance of free food.

I even asked her what's up and she was like she was just tired.

"Hey boss" Dante greeted me as soon as he came in. "Dante" I said letting him know I acknowledge his presence.

"You gotta stop coming to the gym everyday, your body needs rest " Dante said sitting on the bench next to me.

"And I rest on Sunday" I appreciated Dante worrying but he doesn't have to, since I was 16 he's been there as a parental figure.

"How's Malia doing?" Dante smirked, nudging me.

"I don't know" I sighed, I wasn't going to ask Dante for advice he only had one sucsessful relationship.

"Well, find out instead of sitting here" Dante rolled his eyes. Right?

Taking out my phone I called Malia, She didn't answer. "I'm gonna go" I got up and went to my car, I wanna check on her and make sure she's good.

Knocking on the door, Shelby answers, holding the little guy. "Is Malia here?"

Shelby hesitated before looking behind her. "She's locked herself in her room," Shelby said with a sad smile.

"Why?"

Lani then came over to the door "It's October 18th, everyday of this year she locks herself in her room" making my way into the house I jog upstairs to Malia room.

October 18th?

"Malia" I knocked on the door, no answer.

"Malia please?"

She obviously wasn't going to answer the door which only made me worry more. Taking out the Bobby pin, I usually carried for Malia. When she randomly wanted her hair in a bun or something.

Inserting the pin into the door I start to wiggle it around into the door, turned . Placing the Bobby pin back in my pocket I slowly open Malia's door.

It was depressing looking in her room, no lights on the windows closed, it was kind of cold in here too. Closing the door back behind me. Malia was laying in her bed with her back faced towards me.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Malia looked up at me with tears eyes. I couldn't help but feel hurt that she's hurt. I hated seeing Malia cry.

Malia grabbed my hand catching me offf guard as she opened my hand and dropped something metal in my hand. Looking down I noticed it was a blade, it wasn't bloody, it was just warm as if she was holding it for a while.