37

"I'm engaged, See! He's kind of grumpy" I shoved the ring in his face.

"Once again Malia I gave you the ring" Kain kissed my wrist. We were currently laying in his bed watching Disney movies. I haven't told anyone about the engagement. It's only been 1 day so me and Kain were at his house .

"So what's your idea for the wedding, oh and we are not doing the thing where you basically go down on me in front of our family, not happening"
I've always had that one rule it was disturbing to have family watching.

"Agreed"

Scrolling on Pinterest for inspiration, I kind of want an April wedding. How about you?"

"Just as long as I marry you" Kain shrugged kissing the side of my head, I made a disgusting face "I need your opinion to"

"Well you have my opinion"

"Sarcastic idiot" I poked Kain cheek. Next week me, Shelby with her ted, Bud, Mom, Kain oh and Grace we're going to Cape Town South Africa, my moms home town.

Grandma just like to have a lot of people coming, she wanted to meet Bud and Kain.

Especially Kain, for some reason she was just excited. She said she was waiting for me to bring someone special home.

Since it was a lot of us, Mom rented us a vacation home because Grandma house wasn't that big. Which was fine but we were going to have to compromise.

"I have to go" I sadly said sitting up, I wanted to let my mom know before the whole world knows, See I wasn't popular I tried to stay out of magazines but my mom being a well known designer didn't work either.

I wasn't into the whole social thing but it was whatever. I guess.

If I could change it I would , but I can't.

"Five more minutes" Kain complained not letting go, Five more minutes turned into thirty.

"Ok I really have to go now" I remarked nicely sitting up. "I probably won't see you this weekend , I have to take Grace to Disney world." Kain pecked my lips slowly.

"Aww send me tons of pictures" I adored at his doorway before walking out the room. Going home i had a nervous pit in my stomach .

As I already texted Shelby and Mom to be at the house in the kitchen. Getting out the car I walked into the dark house as I made my way to the lightened kitchen.

"Hey peeps" I sat my purse down as Shelby didn't even give me the time of the day before she started jumping up and down.

"He did it! He proposed" Shelby jumped up and down before giving me a bone crushing hug.

"How did you k-"

"A week ago Kain came over to get me and Shelby's blessing" Mom responded before looking at the ring on my finger

"I'm so happy for you" Shelby danced around "thank you!" I responded giving the same energy.

After a while we sat down and started talking, a topic I've avoided.

"So are you moving in with him?" Shelby asked placing a piece of cheesecake in front of me

I paused mid bite "no" I responded lowly.

"Why not?!" Mom and Shelby asked contemporaneous.

"Because, I'm not ready to move out, I still ask mom how many pain killers I'm supposed to take" I shrugged with a mouthful of cheesecake.

"It's time for you to leave the nest, Fly like a bird! Create your own" Shelby dramatically imitated a bird.

"I agree Malia, It's time for you to be independent"