33

20! I was finally twenty years old, It's been a week since we came back from France. France was amazing, Today being my birthday I had no idea what I wanted to do.

My birthday always been weeks before Christmas, I didn't mind. Looking in my closet I heard a knock on my door, I seen Julius coming in.

"Hey birthday girl" Julius came in and sat on my bed. "Hey, what's up?" I asked looking through dresses I could wear but do I want to?

"I have a present for you" Julius handed me a velvet box. "Julius we agreed no presents" I didn't like receiving presents on my birthday I just didn't.

Taking the velvet box, i opened it to see a locket, a M in graved on a circle. Opening the locker I seen a picture of me and Julius in kindergarten.

"Aww you shouldn't have" I smiled before hugging Julius

"Best friend duties"

-

I decided to wear a long sleeve red lace shirt that lifted up my boobs and it was pretty so why not. I found a white skirt that matches and it came up to my thigh.

Doing my hair I did a messy ponytail which brought my outfit together.

Clicking the locket on, I slipped on a pair sneakers, that were red and matched my outfit. I was going to wear heels but nah I'm good .

Walking downstairs I seen Mom, And Shelby l setting down plates, the usual birthday breakfast.

"Happy birthday!" Shelby exclaimed pouring whipped cream on birthday pancakes.

"Thanks you" I smiled.

Sitting down I ate a piece Of the pancakes. I felt eyes burning into my head.

"What ?" I asked looking up with a mouthful of chocolate pancakes

"Do you and Kain have plans?" Shelby asked burping Bud.

"Not sure, He said Grace have a doctors appointment so I'm guessing he's busy today, So I'll chill with you and Bud" I smiled wiping chocolate off my mouth.

"Sorry Malia but me and Bud are going to Disney world" Shelby kissed my cheek before dropping a bag in front of me and walking away.

Weird

Turning around I was about to ask Mom if she wanted to go out for brunch but she had left already.

"I guess I'll just watch a movie" I sighed out going into the living room and.

I wonder where everyone really was, but then again they could've been busy. Then I got a text on my phone. "I'm picking you up in a hour" I read aloud from Kain.

Demanding ;)

Standing up, I went to the kitchen and pulled out a cake Mom bought, Shelby usually makes one but she's busy today which I totally understand I mean she has a family now.

Taking out the fork I took a big chunk of the red velvet cake and stuffed it in my mouth. "h- whoa" Kain paused by the counter I also paused as we had a weird moment just staring at each other "Cake?" I asked holding up the fork.

"No" Kain brushed off, I put the cake away, Getting my purse. "Ready" I said as Kain turned around looking at me before he took his thumb over the corner of my lip. Oop I missed a spot.

Kain licked the icing off this thumb. "Red velvet"

Whoa baby....

"I didn't know you liked red velvet" I said getting into the car, "it's alright " Kain got into the drivers seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking out the window as we existed my neighborhood

"A surprise"

-
Getting out the car I looked around, We were in a landfill, I raised my eyebrow at Kain in a confused manner.

Kain let out a low whistle before I heard something running towards me. I was quick to look up to see. Hope?!

"Is tha-" my mouth hung open. "Yep" Kain finished.

I slowly approached Hope as she looked the same from when I was young. I feel a hand hook with mine, Kain led me down the field. The grass was pretty and green.

Looking down I saw, a picnic blanket with different kids of food set up, was I about to cry.... Yes.

"Don't start crying" Kain mumbled pulling me into a hug. He placed his chin on top of my head

"Thank you" I mumbled softly, Kain did a simple nod.

"So how'd you find hope?" I asked eating a French fry

"I have my ways, Shes yours by the way" Kain said which made me pause, he bought me a horse?! He must really love me.

"Thank you for today" i pecked Kain lips "anytime "

It was night and we were still out just laying looking at the sky, "you should make a wish" I patted Kain chest before pointing to the star.

"Already have everything I wanted" Kain pecked my cheek before my phone started to ring

I slipped my phone out and seen it was a FaceTime call from Caden. Every birthday

"Aren't you going to answer that"

No

Groaning I answered the call "what Caden"

"Hey Malia, I gotcha a birthday gift"

Oh no

Caden turned his camera and I kid you not this man was naked. Oh no

"I've seen bigger, so are you going to cash app me or do you pay pal?" I shrugged as Caden turned the camera showing his red face

"Who's that under you?"

"My husband" I said before hanging up. I never fully understood Caden obsession with dating me

Kain broke out a laugh when I hung up the phone.....

"Thank you for today"

Just being here with Kain made it the best birthday.

"Your welcome"

(A/n short chapter idk filler so we can get to the real shit haha)