Confined

Cameron

The blaring ring of her cell phone woke her up.

She squinted at the phone, "What?" She answered clearly grumpy to be awake.

"Cam... Cammy are you alright? Aiden said you were but I just wanna make sure." Naomi sounded like she was crying some.

Cam told her she was fine, and that she didn't feel too comfortable with Daniel here. Naomi assured her he was doing what was best and yes, he was not crazy. She would explain everything in person. Naomi did not tell her about what happened. She still could barely believe it herself.

Cam assumed Daniel was dramatizing the truth. "Daniel said something about vampires? Like Edward Cullen type shit or..." She started and Naomi answered, "More like serial killer type. That's the best I can give you for now. I hurt my side but I plan to have Daniel bring you here tomorrow. I have some things I need to show you." Fuck. How was she going to explain away vampires?

They talked for a while longer and Cam got up to shower and brush her teeth in her small adjoining bathroom. It made her feel significantly better. She was hesitant to leave the comfort and safety of her room, unsure of Daniel. First she had been attracted him sure, but that was before he'd basically kidnapped her and now was leaving her in the dark. She was very confused about what was going on. She couldn't trust him really, not until she talked with Naomi.

He was still asleep on the couch. He lay on his stomach with one arm hanging over the side. It was clearly much too small for his bigger frame. Her eyes scanned his beautiful chest, swirling ink across his ribs and his biceps. He'd turned the tv off at least that was dark on the wall across from him.

He must have felt her eyes on him because he opened one eye, peering at her.

"Good morning. Are you going to leave now?" She crossed her arms and watched as he rolled over and stretched his arms, flexing those delicious muscles of his.

Cam tried not to stare. As much as an ass and a weirdo he seemed for stealing her away and forcing his way into her home, he was still hot as hell. Oh to be choked in those biceps of his.

"I won't leave until Aiden says to. I believe that will be tomorrow. Also. This couch sucks." He said, he got up and several pops emanated from his body. He held his head in his hands for a moment before groaning, his elbows propped on his knees.

"I told you, you drank too much. I'm a bartender. I would know." She went to the kitchen and started to make coffee. She wasn't one for breakfast much. Maybe she'd go into work early, leave him here. Why couldn't he just leave? "You could've slept in Naomi's room."

His pulled a shirt over his head thankfully. "My metabolism is stronger than most, so the worst I wake with is a headache. And no. I don't want to smell like Aiden's ma- um girlfriend."He came over to the coffee pot and reached above her to grab a cup and set it on the counter. His body heat behind her made her stiffen. She could smell the smoke of the fire on him, and an endearing hint of amber. She didn't understand the logic of his sleeping arrangements but whatever.

Cam had pulled herself up on the counter to distance herself from him some. "I have men's clothes for you if you'd like to shower, clear the hangover fog."

Daniel mixed creamer into his coffee and took a long sip before setting it next to her thigh. He was very close to her now, his hands on either side of her. She could smell the coffee on his breathe—the sweetness of the caramel creamer.

"Your boyfriends clothes?" He raised an eyebrow.

Cam wrinkled her nose, "No. I don't do boyfriends." She didn't elaborate. She felt like every inch of her body was buzzing, on edge. He was achingly close. He screamed red flags, and she wanted every part of it.