Marked

warning: sexual content ahead

Naomi and Aiden decided they would mark each other the next night, after one last day spent together.

How do you spend the last day with someone, when you may be about to rip a hole in the normalcy of life? But then again, what was normal here.

"I know someplace we can run too, for our wolves it will only take under an hour." Aiden mentioned to her over the breakfast of french toast and eggs he had made her. The little fridge in their cabin had come stocked with food. Aiden had let her sleep in and it was about noon now, so this was more of a brunch.

"Would it be rude not to spend time with the pack here, because we are guests?"

He shook his head and gave her a smile, "If this is truly the last day I spend with you before things change for better or worse, I want it to be alone. I do not care if it is rude."

Naomi agreed, but she was still learning wolf customs. She actually did get some more sleep yesterday, the drugs she took knocking her unconscious. But she knew that was not a permanent solution and that was why they had made the decision.

"What is it? Is it a surprise?"

"A beach, a private one actually. It is on human territory so we have to be careful where we shift, but relatively safe and very secluded."

"Relatively?"

"I will keep us safe my beautiful mate."

"Mate." repeated a voice inside her head and it made her shiver. "The things I will do to that man..."

Naomi blushed and got up to rinse her plate. It felt good to have somewhat of an appetite, except that she was admittedly a little nauseated.

She following Aiden outside unclothed, she was still having trouble getting used to that. Aiden explained he'd have someone meet us there later with lunch and clothes for them to picnic.

She couldn't help but stare at him in front of her, even his bare ass was nicely sculpted. She growled, a different type of hunger panging her.

They both shifted and Aiden led through out of the territory. "We do need to be on alert, most of the way there is no man's land. Keep an eye out for unfamiliar scents."

She huffed in response as she ran. They didn't rush, Naomi was still very weak. It felt good, amazing even to feel the fall breeze ripple through her dark fur.

Until she heard the cackles of laughter in the distance. She recognized that sound, like hyenas hunting down their prey.

"I thought vampires cannot exist in daylight?"

"They detest it yes, the moon also yields them their strength. Though cloaks and expensive medicines do exist if they are hungry enough to venture out. Plenty of Vampires are very modern, and stay out in the day."

She shivered and they ran faster. Soon enough they made it to the sand and Naomi threw herself on the ground, panting heavily. It didn't smell like anything was following them anymore but Naomi had ran for her life anyway.

Aiden shifted before her and took a seat next to her, petting her hide and calming her.

"It's ideal you don't exhaust yourself before we have time to enjoy ourselves." He rubbed her ears and she whined softly. Even though her side was healed the ribs where the vampires had clawed and bite her ached, even if it was just in her head from the close rencounter. She felt guilty and embarrassed at her weakness in front of him, her tail between her legs.