Family

Cameron

(earlier that day)

The next day Cameron woke pretty early, having slept (in her own bed) so much the day before to recuperate. She dressed and joined the pack for breakfast.

The head of the table and it's adjoining seat sat empty in Aiden and Naomi's absence. Naomi had called her yesterday thankfully and said she would be back later today. But last night her and Aiden were to mark each other and she hadn't heard anything. She hoped it had went okay. But she locked those worries up in her head because she already had a lot on her plate for today.

Daniel cleared his throat at the table so he could speak. "Hey everyone. Our true Alpha shall return this evening with our new Luna Naomi." Everyone cheered at that. But Cam knew Daniel was not sure how the marking went either, just that it had happened. "Today I have business to attend to." He rested a hand on Cam's knee under the table and she looked down at her plate as heat spread across her face and in between her legs. "Gamma Griffin will be here as acting Alpha in my absence. I expect absolute respect to him."

Griffin beamed proudly and waved. "First order of business," he declared, "Eat up! Then we will work and make the pack house extra pristine for Alpha Aiden's return."

Cam was relieved Aiden was returning soon because she could see Naomi. But one thing at a time she supposed. After breakfast Daniel let her know he would meet her in the car, his car. She felt sick with nerves about today. She hadn't seen her brother in a while.

"You feeling okay Cam?" He asked as he held the car door open for her.

He got in as well and started the vehicle, a shiny black 2-seater convertible with brown leather seats.

"I'm just nervous." She said looking over at him. They had the top down since it was warm this morning, and she admired the way his longer hair tumbled in the wind. The morning flickers of sunl casted patches of light on his tanned skin and strong arms. Even his hands she had to admit did things to her as the gripped the steering wheel, a few silver rings on his fingers.

"I thought wolves couldn't do silver?" She asked him.

"A myth."

"I see? And what else is a myth?"

"The full moon is important to us, when the goddess shows us her face. But we are not forced to shift." Cam couldn't help but notice the disdain drip from his voice when he spoke of the goddess. Everyone else spoke of her like the goddess of creation. She wondered what his history was with her. But that was for another time.

"Your bite will turn a human?"

"Yes, but that kind of bite is deep and intentional of course. A few hickeys or a nip will not."

"Mmm good to know." She purred and Daniel's hands tightened on the wheel. She liked making him squirm.

She had so many things to add but thought it best to keep her mouth shut. Didn't want to be too forward right now when they were defining this new friendship.

Daniel turned to her a while later, "Your family cannot know about the supernatural world. I assume you know that."

"Of course. I would never endanger them that way." She took a deep breath as they pulled into the driveway of the small duplex.

Daniel's hand rested on the small of her back, a gesture of support as she knocked on the front door. Luckily her brother's car was not there right now. That would make this easier to talk to her sister alone.