Date

When Daniel led Cameron back out to where he had parked the car she had made sure to give him a good punch in the arm.

"Dammit Cam what was that for?" He scrunched up his face. She knew it didn't really hurt him, there was no way she was a strong as a wolf.

"That was for neglecting to tell me this was a wolf bar, one that your childhood friend works at."

He smirked and crossed his arms, "They liked you. But you said no to the job?"

Cam shrugged, she hadn't outwardly said no, but before they left she said she'd think about it, being human and all. That part wasn't entirely true, honestly she could handle wolves she thought, especially with allies there like Brin. Truthfully, she wasn't sure she wanted to be around wolves all the time, it was suffocating almost in this new life. Most of all she didn't want a job she didn't earn.

"I am only getting that job because of the Big Bad Beta. I didn't earn it." She looked into Daniel's deep brown eyes and she felt like she could melt. How could she stay mad at him. He stepped close to her and took her hand in his, his face softening.

"Cam." He spoke her name so carefully. "Regardless of who I am, we both know it doesn't matter because you are overqualified for this job. I would like you to work here because I know you would be safe."

"You mean watched at all times?"

"I just know I cannot always be around to protect you. But, if this is not where you would like to work that is your choice."

"And?" Cam said waiting for her apology.

"And what?"

"You should've told me about the bar."

Daniel played with her fingers, making it hard for her to concentrate on his words. "I like surprising you. I wanted to see how you would react. You did great."

"I-I." She looked up from their hands and he was doing that stupid lopsided smile again. She didn't know what she was going to say.

"What is the next bar called?" He asked softly and drew her closer to him. His eyes were a brilliant blue.

"Umm." Shit, she looked like a fool right now, but she could only focus on her heart hammering in her chest. "I don't remember, the one near China town? Next to the really good ramen place."

Daniel shook his head slightly, "China town is mostly vampires. Next." This conversation they were having was not matching the tension between them. Daniel was holding her close, practically right up against him, one hand on her waist and another twirling a lock of her hair between his fingers. She ran her hands up his chest and wondered how it felt underneath his clothes. She suddenly was glad they were parked behind the building, away from where the public was generally parked. "Someone from the bar could see us out here."

Daniel ignored that statement. He closed his eyes at her touch for a moment , even if it was just over his shirt. Bending down he fit his face into the crook of her neck, inhaling. "Goddess. The scent of you alone drives my wolf crazy."

"Silas." She said it calmly despite her heart slamming in her chest.

He looked up to meet her eyes and they roared with intensity.

She placed a hand on his cheek and he leaned into it. "Hi Silas. You have a little crush on me? Huh?" She used a baby voice.

Daniel only grumbled lowly in reply.

She brought her face close to his, admiring his strong features and enticing cologne. She may be human but she appreciated a good scent as well. "Why don't you do something about it." She teased him, whispering close to his lips, she could feel how tense he was, obviously restraining himself.