Bark

Naomi pulled the fuzzy covers up to her neck and turned over, catching the fading scent of Aiden in the pillow next to her. Blinking awake she noticed he was not next to her, which was good considering she was still nude.

Reluctantly peeling the protective covers back and sitting up, Naomi's face flooded red recalling last night. She was mortified that Aiden had seen her like that, a messy heap because of a mere thunderstorm.

She knew today was supposed to be a break, but she knew she could push all the embarrassing moments of the past few days away for at least a moment if she did some training of her own. Aiden hadn't told her when he would take her out to the ice rink, and she didn't feel like finding him right now.

It was 8:30, so the pack was likely having breakfast still. Naomi pulled on a lilac sweatshirt and some leggings. Athleisure was pretty common around the pack house she noticed, which made sense considering the lifestyle. She found she didn't care to cover up the red puffiness of her face, because no one was likely to look her way anyway.

Naomi didn't know if it was even possible to sneak around in a house of sensitive eared werewolves but she tried anyway, lightly padding down the large wooden stairs to the main floor. Her nose led her back to the kitchens, and she took some of the back residential hallways to loop around and avoid the large dining room bustling with activity.

Pushing through the swinging carved doors of the kitchen she smiled politely at the staff of the day. She noticed a few familiar faces that must be the usual cooks.

One of them approached her, a short thin woman with wiry grey hair and a blushed face. "Good morning Naomi. Did you need anything?"

Naomi blushed, surprised the woman knew her name, "I don't feel too good for pack breakfast today, is it alright I just take some fruit from here for today?" She figured she would just take a banana and an apple and scurry out into the yard before other people saw her, or rather didn't see her.

The woman's small brown eyes crinkled, "I won't tell alpha you stopped by, here." She gave Naomi a white paper bag and ushered her out the back door.

Naomi nodded and felt a warming in her chest at the unusual favor. But that was nice of the woman, she didn't want to alert Aiden she was awake right now when she wanted some time to herself.

Naomi sat out in the grass by a crowd of large trees. Sitting cross legged she poured out the bag onto the green in front of her revealing contents of assorted fruit and a few pastries. Naomi quite literally began to wolf them down when her ears perked up at the sound of people approaching.

A trio of females approached her, all with long ponytails that swayed as they walked. Naomi sat up straighter, were they coming to talk to her?

Two of the girls were strawberry blonde, and wearing matching purple athletic sets. At first glance they appeared like twins, but their bone structure was radically different. One had a pinched face and the other was quiete round. The third girl is the one who spoke first, shorter and stockier than the other too with swishing raven black hair.

"What was your name? I already forgot?" The raven haired girl asked.

Naomi dusted the pastry flakes off her hands but remained seated, leaning up against the tree. It was quiet out here, they were the only wolves on the green lawn.

"Naomi. I know your alpha didn't really introduce me formally, so it's alright. What's yours?" She gave them a small smile but she had a bad feeling in her gut. The raven hair girl looked familiar, maybe she'd seen her glaring at her before.

"Yasmin. These two are Piper and Sara." Piper wrinkled her pinched nose like Naomi's very presence was stinking up the air.

An awkward silence passed between them. Naomi twirled a blade of grass between her fingers nervously, and began a conversation. "The weather is very warm out already, which is nice since winter is approaching. Maybe it'd be a good day to go for a swim in the lake?" The girls made her uneasy, not because they were particularly intimidating, because they weren't, but a weird feeling of dread grew in her stomach. Maybe she could steer them away to some other activity that didn't include her.