Sleepover

Cameron

Cameron had to admit it was hard to leave Daniel behind, but she'd see him tomorrow. For the meeting. Yuck.

She made sure to reapply her cherry lipgloss again after she tied the black two pocket apron around her hips.

"Hey girl, I'll have you in section two today." Sophia whisked past her, carrying some empty plates.

Her shift went relatively normal, and it wasn't too busy. Cam's black painted finger nails combed through her tip money in the back hallway that led to the kitchen and breakroom where they could place their belongings in lockers.

She heard footsteps approach not too far behind her and she turned her head quickly to see a striking blonde with a slicked back bun pull a sickly looking waitress behind her. She didn't know her name. The blond woman looked her up and down, a clear look of distaste spread across her glowing face. This woman had skin like a goddess, if she didn't look like a total bitch she'd ask her what foundation she was wearing.

"Is she okay?" Cam managed, caught off guard. The other girl looked dazed, her hair in a mess and her face deathly pale. The blond guided her into the breakroom not too gently.

"Stupid bitch is sick, I'll have Sophia send her home." She said simply, letting go of her wrist and allowing the girl to collapse onto the sofa in the center of the locker room like a discarded doll. Cam followed them inside, quick to go to the girl's side.

"Don't touch her." The blond spoke, but she sounded unconcerned.

"I'll touch her if I want to, I don't want her falling and getting hurt." Cameron helped the girl sit upright, her head lolling back onto the back of the couch. She was breathing at least but not really conscious, had she passed out? Had a seizure? Was she drunk? Cameron pulled one eyelid back to reveal a blown brown pupil.

The blonde woman strut over and pulled Cam from her quickly, her sharp almond acrylics digging into her arms. She could feel a sharp sting from her nails as they broke Cameron's skin. The woman's dull grey eyes were charged with lightning, her high set cheekbones only making her look that much more daunting.

"Fuck," Cameron trying to shake off her grip, but she was strong. "What is your problem? I am helping her."

Those grey eyes squinted at her distrustfully, and she began to speak again when another voice interrupted. "Lina." His voice was loud but steady. "Be nice please. Cameron is one of our new waitresses."

It was Angel, his tall lithe body filled the doorway. He rested a hand on Lina's shoulder, "Will you watch the bar if I go for a smoke?"

Suddenly Lina's face grew into a smile, though it didn't reach her eyes. "Or you could just eat like the rest of us." His face grew dark and she slipped from the room, he nails retracting their place in Cam's arm, now content.

"You smoke?" Cam tilted her head, her ex used to smoke sometimes, but she never liked the acrid smell it left behind on clothes or skin.

"I used to be bad at...overeating. It curbed the hunger. Now it is a bad habit I guess. She joins me every now and then so I don't know why she has to be a bitch about it."

"She's a bitch for sure."

"You're bleeding." He said.

Cameron looked down at her forearm, where a few distinct nail marks has pierced her skin. It was only a small red droplet that trailed down to her elbow, the others merely scratches. It still made her stomach twist at the sight of it, and suddenly she could swear she tasted the familiar copper in the back of her throat.