New Beginnings

Cameron

Cameron took the opportunity to sleep in the next day, she didn't have to go in till the night shift so it was better to get as much rest as she could. Plus, she'd rather not run into Daniel at breakfast.

Also, she had spent most of the night staring up at the ceiling pondering life changes. How many did she know were actually wolves or vampires?

But she came downstairs around noon, looking for Naomi.

Thankfully, she did find more people were giving her hellos or smiles. "Have you seen Naomi?" She asked one guy around her age. He was built smaller like an athlete but still obviously corded with muscle. She though his soft brown eyes seemed kind.

He shook his head, "The Alpha and Luna went to visit another pack on business. Though I know Luna has been coming down sick with something."

"Sick? I thought she was just tired? Is she okay?" Cam asked him worried. Naomi hadn't even told her she was leaving. She was somewhat panicked she was in this house full of strangers, and wolves.

"No miss, I'm worried myself. She might not be official yet but many of us have taken a liking to her. She doesn't think herself above us." He crossed his arms, "Of course Daniel is acting Alpha. You should ask him."

She frowned, "As if." But then she gave him a smile for being nice enough to talk to her, "I appreciate it though. I know I'm an outcast here."

"My name is Mattius, and I have a few sisters over on the couch on the patio who would not consider you an outcast. They are fascinated by human culture." He gestured to the couch and they waved.

Cam waved back, maybe she could make some friends. This was her bestie's world, she could try to be involved somehow.

Taking a seat next to them outside and so they could introduce themselves. They both looked very similar, beautiful black skin inked with tattoos and long braids.

She noticed one of them had blue in her hair, "Hey girlie. We've been wanting for talk to you but I didn't want to scare you. I'm Trix, this is Febes." She wrinkled her nose, "We thought Beatrix and Phoebee were lame so we shortened it. "Matt is the one with the cool name."

Cam shrugged, "I'm Cameron, so not too much going on either."

Febes blurted, "How is it like to be in the Alpha's inner circle. To gossip with the Luna!" She clapped her hands together in excitement.

"Febes! We just met her you can't ask her stuff about Alpha!" Trix gave her a shove.

"It's alright," she smiled, "I've only really known Aiden, erm Alpha, for a few days but he's very kind. All I care about is that he's good to Naomi. And I've known her since high school, like a decade now. She's a sister to me." She explained.

The girls asked her some other questions, some about her life at home.

"Ooooo you are a bartender! We have to make drinks one night I haven't gotten wasted in forever." Trix said and Febes nodded.

Cam laughed, she felt like the needed that too. She hadn't been to the club in a while either. It was hard to get Naomi to go.

Febes said something so absurd that Cam felt like she could pee herself and they all were laughing. It felt good to ease up some of the tension she had been holding.

"What's so funny?" Said a deep voice behind them and Cam's heart skipped a beat. Daniel stood behind them, his hands behind his back. "I love a good joke." He prompted, a smile playing on his lips.

Cam looked down at her feet, the smile gone from her face.

Febes let out another laugh, "That's cap Alpha, I don't think I've ever seen you laugh. Especially not sin—"