Heat

It had been 7 days since Naomi and Aiden marked each other. So it shouldn't have surprised her when she felt it come over her.

Naomi was in their suite when the feeling hit. She was in one of the arm chairs in the living room reading one of the Luna's journals, taking notes in the new green leather notebook Aiden had gifted to her. It began like one of her hot flashes she had been having, and she began to fan herself with her notebook, debating on taking another cold shower.

But it only worsened, Naomi felt like she was being suffocated, like all the air had been pulled from the room. Her books fell to the floor and she began to tear at her clothes, feeling itchy in her own body. She lay on the cool hardwood floor, panting.

"Aiden I don't feel so good." She linked to him, and next thing she new he was there beside her, supporting her and lifting her up. His hands were electrifying on her body, steam hissing at his touch. He only grinned at her, laying a cold cloth on her forehead. "It's alright honey, you're wolf will take over soon. Last day of your heat."

She blinked at him, unable to form words, her throat dry like the desert. Sure enough she could feel a different sort of heat in her core, between her legs. She could feel how heavy and sore her body felt, begging to be touched. She felt like a stranger in her own skin, and before she could voice any of these concerns to Aiden she saw his eyes flash their deep golden honey she loved so much. Then she lost consciousness.

Naomi awoke to the soft grass tickling her ear and her cheek. She groaned, sitting up and stretching her muscles. "You missed out. Arlo gives Aiden a run for his money."

Naomi flinched, and she spoke aloud "Amara?" She asked, it had to be her wolf.

"Yes babe. It's about time you started listening to me."

She looked around, searching for Aiden. Naomi lay here in her human form, naked in the grass in a middle of a clearing. Nearby was a good sized stream with rocks that gleamed in the afternoon sun. There he was, sunbathing on his back without a care in the world.

"I could eat him alive." She thought, and her wolf replied "You already have. But do it again."

Naomi just shook her head and smiled, getting up and heading over to her mate.

Aiden lifted his head that rested on his arms propping himself up, "Good to see you're awake baby. How do you feel?"

He opened his arms and Naomi welcomed them, sitting in his lap so she could face him. She could feel the bond between them, strong like a cord between the both of them. Her body felt very relaxed, and not the least bit sore thankfully, and no longer burning alive.

"I feel calm." She told him, her fingers reaching up to pinch his cheeks, make sure he was real in front of her. This man, her mate. Her stomach flip flopped at his beaming smile. She admired the little freckles dotting his glowing sun tan, planting a kiss on each cheek.

"Good." He rubbed her back, feeling along her body and massaging her legs. "I told my wolf to take it easy on you."

"Were you... were you there for it?" She asked, cocking her head. It was still a little odd she couldn't remember anything.

Aiden took her hands in his for a moment and closed his eyes. "See if you can remember, push against the bond." Naomi tried her best to concentrate.

All of a sudden she saw images flashing in her head, recalling snippets that felt like she was looking in outside of her own body. Amara had made him earn it. As soon as she had control she bolted from the room and had Aiden chase her through the woods until he could catch her.