Warmth

warning: some sexual content ahead

Cameron

Cameron decided on a large grey sweatshirt, leggings, and her black Tim's since it was just a cozy bonfire. Daniel wasn't here to see how she looked and frankly it was cold as shit. So she didn't care what she looked like much. Her long black hair hung down to give warmth to her ears and the back of her neck.

She could already hear laughter and crowds of people outside, and peeling her curtains back in her bedroom she was met with the blazing oranges and reds of the large bonfire. It was set up as before, drawing an eerie feeling in her gut. The smokey smell in the air and laughter only elicited those dark memories of the attack. She was glad she had been whisked away at the time before she saw anything awful or was hurt... or worse. Her sympathy was certainly with the pack for that night, they had lost many brothers and sisters. She knew they still felt it. Not all the wolves who were here came out to celebrate this moon.

It took her all day, but she felt a lot better now too. Her tryst with Daniel had left her body riddle with slight cramping and bleeding, and she had made sure to rest all day yesterday and binge Netflix since she had nothing better to do yet.

Cam threw a heavy sherpa jean jacket on top as well as she headed out the door, and tsked at the other wolves who were barely clothed. At most some had on long sleeve thermals. Winter was coming fast which made a scowl cross Cam's face. She didn't enjoy holiday festivities. Not much of a tight knit family to celebrate with.

Cameron looked for Naomi among the spread of smaller fires and wood seating. Some people had even brought out blankets to sit on or camping chairs to sit farther from the crowd doing god knows what. She couldn't help but sigh at the sight of her best friend when she saw her.

Naomi looked so...comfortable. Like she had been here years and not months. She was stifling laughter with one hand and turning a marshmallow over the fire with another. Aiden held her tighter in his lap, ever the possessive clingy werewolf. She noticed many of the men kept their females close, like distance caused their bodies physical pain. Maybe it did. What a weakness to have.

Cameron let a grin spread across her face when she saw Phebes and Trix waving enthusiastically from a log. "Cammy bring us beers!" Trix shouted at her. "Come sit with us!"

She obliged, grabbing three bottles from one of the tables at the front of the house, this whole event taking place across the front lawn. She grabbed herself a cider and handed each girl a beer. The girls huddled close to her as she sat, one on either side.

"How are you two not cold?" She squinted her eyes. They were wearing matching sweater dresses, and that was it. No shoes or socks even. Trix had on a deep blue to match her braids and Phoebe had her hair natural now, so her dress just a bright magenta. They both had doodles of brightly colored eyeliner they always wore.

"Werewolf heat duh. Go slow Cammy. Remember the party?"

She rolled her eyes and opened the bottle with a pop using one of the gold rings on her fingers. "Fuck off. No one told me your liquor is stronger for you assholes. Could've warned me I'd get plastered." She took a sip and the taste of apple and pear exploded across her tongue. Whoever made these craft beers and ciders for them needed a blowjob. Shit was perfect.

They just giggled in reply, and Phoebe began to tell the story of Cameron getting up to do karaoke. Her face paled. "I don't remember that."

"Ohhh yeah, and you were pretty good too. Even drunk."

Cam shook her head, "I don't think I want to be drunk for a bit. At least another few days."

The girls laughed at that. She liked that they found her funny, and they didn't take offense to things she said anymore. The other day they had even texted Cam to meet them for brunch, and it was nice to have friends. She didn't have people who were consistent enough to hang with excluding Naomi of course. And time had felt weird around her sister since she had to hide things from her. But what choice did she have?