The Bite

Once Aiden was done with his meeting he had found Naomi curled up in the library. She was bundled up in blankets in the corner reading a book that interested her from the shelf. They had a lot of classics she had always wanted to try, right now it was Pride and Prejudice. It was pretty boring.

"My little wolf isn't outside training?" He asked her from the doorway.

He had shoes on now, but he kept his dress clothes on.

She wrinkled her nose, "Training hurts, I'm sore." She did go on a run but it was nothing like the extensive training Daniel had been putting her through. "And I feel like I have tougher training sessions than some of the other budding wolves."

"Of course, to make up for lost time. And, only the best for my mate," he said "A massage before bed tonight will help you."

Just the thought of that made her blush and feel all warm inside. "That sounds like a little much."

Aiden held his hands behind his back, suddenly bashful. Which by the way, was such an unusual emotion for the presence of a man who threatened to fill every inch of the library around her. "Yes, I apologize for my forwardness. It is in our instincts to want to provide for mates."

Naomi's face grew a small smile, she thought that was sweet of him to say. "Do you think you could also turn off your werewolf mojo? It's distracting."

He only shrugged, and the movement of his rippling biceps under his button up made her mouth go completely dry, and other places quite the opposite. "I am not doing anything. That is the bond."

Naomi felt herself blush at the realization she admitted she did feel some sort of connection between them. Shutting her book she set it on the carved oak table next to the plush chaise she had stretched herself across.

Aiden cleared his throat, "It's time to go now, to The Bite. Are you ready?"

She nodded and it wasn't long before they were driving downtown. Aiden had a really nice vehicle, and it made her wonder how the pack got all of their money.

"Down here on the left." She told him.

Standing in front of the glass and concrete building she thought it had felt like forever since she's been back. "I can't wait for you to see James and Andy. They are probably working today."

Aiden didn't look so eager, his hand brushed hers lightly before he held the door out for her. "I have a bad feeling love, you stay by me alright?" She nodded but she thought he must just be nervous. "I've had surveillance on this building since you told me about it and something doesn't feel right. Especially since I recognize the name of the owner of the building."

"You never told me what went on in that meeting. About the attacks." She prodded him. She knew The Bite wasn't the only business there, so she wouldn't have known who the owner was.

"Let's just say the contents are about to reveal themselves." He answered grimly.

She led Aiden up the stairs and they took the elevator to the office floor. It was a floor full of cubicles, and at the end the boss's office, which was Ross.

As soon as the elevator doors opening Aiden put his arm in front of her, baring his teeth.

The whole floor stank of wolf.

The office clatter of keyboards clicking and phones buzzing seemed to gradually cease, and everyone stayed silent.

"Naomi, babe. It's good to see you're back." Said Andy. He had come up from behind them and looped his arm in hers. Aiden tensed up.

"Be careful mutt." His words were demeaning yet he smiled sweetly to Aiden like they were friends. "This is not your territory." He led Naomi along and Aiden followed. She felt very afraid and was unsure what to say. Andy was a wolf, they all were. She could smell it in the air. How had she never noticed? A feeling of dread sank into her gut. They were as good as dead if they tried anything.