Knife

Cameron

Her black acrylics gripped the granite countertop as she peered into her sorry complexion. It wasn't so unusual for it to look like a truck hit her some mornings, her bed hair large and in knots if she didn't braid it back. She had subtle half moons under her eyes that would fade with a cool splash of water and enough caffeine. But at least she didn't feel all that shitty.

She took the two pills on her bedside preventively last night, so after downing a bottle of water she felt pretty alright. Tequila usually didn't give her hangovers. The dread now pooling in her stomach was not from alcohol.

Cam braided her hair back into one long braid so it might curl later, that way she could look glowing and refreshed when she took it down to show up her ex. And also because she has knife training in case she needed to gut him. She pulled two strands out to frame her face and did her skincare, deciding on just fleece lined leggings that matched her black ribbed bralette and a thick deep purple hoodie since they would be outside.

Somehow she had heard her alarm to wake up before noon, or maybe she was just getting used to pack breakfast time since it was 9 now.

"I love you Cammy." Kat gave her hug that squeezed the air from her lungs. "Have a good day." Thankfully she didn't say much more about that before letting Cam go with her coffee in hand.

The drive to the pack house was beautiful, and the sun shone through the wisps of spindly trees and fallen leaves.

She noticed Daniel immediately, he stood a great distance away with his back to her, a few men and two women gathered around him in the yard. His stance was clearly authoritative, his arms crossed and bare back tensed. She set her coffee on the railing of the back porch as she rounded the house, and she paused a distance away to listen in.

"If so, alert me immediately."

"Alpha would prefer..." Someone began.

"It is not your mate. Is it Breenan? You will tell me, and I will inform the Alpha." Daniel bristled.

"Yes sir."

"Tonight will also influence my decision towards the Champion selection. Any fuck ups or no shows for the border will be handled accordingly."

One of the women looked her way and caught her eye, only to be joined by a few of the others after a moment.

Daniel turned towards her, his brow furrowed with obvious annoyance. Then it softened, and she saw him relax as he said, "We are done. You are dismissed."

She mimicked his stance as he headed towards her, only shorts and bare feet in the grass even though it had to be 40 degrees outside. She stood tall and straight and placed her feet shoulder width apart, crossing her arms across her chest. "Look now I'm you. Big bad wolf." She tried to frown and it was unsuccessful as he hoisted her up by her waist and spun her around in a hug.

Cameron hollered with laughter, gripping his shoulders. He set her down gently, "Are you well?" He asked her.

"I'm not hungover if that's what you're asking?" She prodded his abs.

"Of course not." He flashed her a grin, he kept her close, reaching a hand back to give her ass a squeeze and smoothing it up to the sheath she had on her waistline. He pulled the blade out slowly, holding it between them. "Do you trust me?" He asked her.

"Yes." She replied softly, her eyes looking at her own reflection in the blessed metal. The hilt was beautiful, black and crossed with vines. The blade was simple, shiny, sharp, and most importantly easy to conceal.

"Let's use the gym darling. It's too cold for you outside." He slid the blade back to its position in the back of her waistband holster, and turning her around so that they walked towards the house. She grabbed her thermos as she climbed the steps, "You didn't show me the gym on the tour."