Talk

Cameron squealed in excitement when she noticed Naomi sitting at the bar, and she quickly undid her apron to rest it on the counter and throw her arms around her.

Naomi laughed and gripped her arm, "I thought you would be disappointed it wasn't Daniel here to pick you up." Cameron pulled back and sat next to her, pulling the barstool close. Angel had disappeared or gotten off otherwise she'd order a drink before she left but, she didn't know how free she was to make one for herself yet so.

"Is he okay?" Cameron frowned.

"Yes, he's making dinner for all of us actually. Or Aidan and I too I mean, and Griffin might join us with his ma-girlfriend." Naomi corrected herself, lowering her voice.

"Ooooo how sweet of him." Cam smiled and rested her head on her chin. "He's a good cook you know, he cooked for me once when he kidnapped me and then when he met my siblings."

Naomi shook her head "I never would've guessed."

"Mmm speaking of cooking stuff up ma'am I realized what you did to my drink earlier." Cameron narrowed her eyes, prodding her.

Naomi's face grew red and she hid a smile behind her hand, "I fixed your problem didn't I?"

"You bitch." She replied, but Cameron was smiling too. "I might need to have your magic juice on tap bestie because that man is at least-"

Naomi waved her hands, "Oh my goddess Cameron I don't want to even know."

"We are besties. We tell each other everything." Cameron couldn't help but notice Naomi was picking up on pack lingo now, as they worshipped the goddess.

"Daniel is my Beta and I'd rather not think of him like that."

Cameron thought for a moment, "Hmm. But haven't you seen him... naked before? You know when he....changes." She wasn't too specific since they were in public still after all.

Naomi mimicked herself vomiting, "Shut up I try not to pay attention." Naomi got up from the bar stool. "And if I'm honest I don't know what prolonged use of my...juice would do for you so. Let's keep it for emergencies for now okay?"

Cameron groaned, "Okay fine." She scanned the room and said goodbye to Jules as she passed her "Let me go grab my bag Naomi, then I'll see you in the car." Naomi nodded.

She grabbed her bag from the locker in the back, pulling the number lock shut.

"Done for the day?" Said a voice behind her and it startled her, she turned quickly in response, her bag gripped tightly in her hands.

Angel raised an eyebrow and she relaxed. "Yes." She began. "My ride is here."

He handed her a napkin, and she took it hesitantly. "In case you need anything. If you find yourself in deep shit I'll be there."

Turning over the napkin in her hands she saw a phone number scrawled across it in blue ink. "For the record. I do have a boyfriend. He's well over six foot and he's pure muscle." She tilted her head looking at him expectantly.

A small smile threatened Angel's face, "Right. Well I'm talking about shifts. People are unreliable, not always who you thought they were, so in case anybody gives you trouble here. I like to watch out for the girls. If someone calls out, you can give me a call. I could use the extra money." He turned on the heel of his black dress shoes and walked the other way, not waiting for her reply.

Cameron thought about his words for a moment before shoving the napkin in her purse. She had only been here two days was it really so chaotic that people would just leave and she'd have to call him to help her? That doesn't sound good for a work environment, but maybe he was just trying to brush off that his original intention was to hit on her. She shrugged confused and headed out to the car. Her car. She could take care of herself.