Holding pinkies

You are absolutely smitten everytime Peter comes up to you so he can hold your pinkie while walking to protect you. You make a TikTok about it not knowing that it blows up the day after and he saw it...

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Status: best friends

Y/n's POV

Peter Benjamin Parker will be the death of me someday. Not only is he a bubbly, kind, person in general but for some reason he has a huge softer spot for me. And it KILLS me, since I'm trying SO HARD not to fall in love with him. But he makes it even harder...

All the small affectionate gestures he makes goes unnoticed by me, the inspirational words he tells me everytime he senses I'm sad. The care and love he gives me makes me feel like I have a boyfriend of my own, yet I am 100% sure he doesn't feel the same way...Why? Ask Liz Allen. The senior, the most popular, most beautiful girl this year.

I kick myself everyday for letting that girl get to me, she really is the sweetest girl out there and I'm not shocked to why he likes her...I mean who doesn't? But the as I call 'signs' that Peter gives me always gives me little hope. Either it's hugging me at random times. When I'm switching books from my locker, before he goes to his class, while I'm making dinner, when he spots me in the hallways. There's always a hug.

When he feels extra bold he'd kiss me in the forehead, kiss me on the cheek. And once he knew I liked those gestures he's been doing it a lot more. See how confusing this is? But boy, boy does he have a death wish. The most recent one and exclusive may I tell you. I've never had my heart fluttered more, my mind racing more, my body go weak as much as the new gesture he's been doing...

Let's rewind to a week ago, shall we?

Peter and I were walking on the loud, noisy, busy streets of New York, heading to the park for a little hangout with the rest of the group (as in Ned and mj) when we watch a huge crowd ahead of us. So without thinking I took peters hand for support. But he immediately reciprocated and we thankfully managed to make it out alive.

I contemplated whether I should move my hand away or not, will he think it's like I'm friend zoning him? And if I still held him will he know my secret? But before I killed myself by not making a decision. he took his hand out of my grasp to point at a near shop he said he wanted to take me to later. So there's that I guess.

But before I could think about holding his hand again..or not, i felt a hand brushing through mine when I looked at our hands I found his pinkie locked with mine, there's no doubt he could see my smile since I did not make an effort to hide it.

"What's this?" I smiled, slightly laughing at the small gesture that made my heart beat 146655 times faster, that made my skin feel warmer, that made my body feel safer. Just by his simple soft finger. Normally peter'd get flustered when I confront him about a gesture he's done but since he's seen how grateful I was to it I guess it faded away.

"Oh i figured I'd hold your pinky for safety, you know how New York gets. I don't want to see you get hurt or anything so me holding your pinky give me that sense of relief" he shrugged looking around the tall buildings but his smile never faded. It was as big as mine.

But that gesture wasn't a one time thing. He's been doing it ever since!

Like today in chemistry, he'd sneakily lock our pinkies under the desks, or when we walk back from or to school not to mention he even started calling it 'holding pinkies'!

"Hey y/n, let's hold pinkies"

"Y/n/n can I hold your pinky for a sec?"

"Hey you okay?" *holds pinky* "let's go get delmars and talk about it"