fifteen || awake

KATARA'S POV:

I woke up, my body sweating nervously. I was panicking, I had a horrible nightmare that I died in a burning house. It was scary.

I sat up, and pain shot up my back. I noticed I was wearing a different outfit... and my hair was.. shorter? We were at a different place, not a campsite from before. It seemed like we were camping on a mountain. Appa and the others were gone, and I only saw Momo and Toph's little earth tent. Some of the others' sleeping bags and sacks were here.

My back and arm was in terrible pain. I looked at my arm, and it was bandaged up. My left leg was as well, and I felt another bandage wrapped around my back, meeting in the front on my lower chest. "Momo?" I call. My voice was dry, I was really hungry and thirsty. I wondered where the others were.

My memories from yesterday were fuzzy, the last thing I can remember is kissing Zuko. It was amazing. I'm not sure how I got hurt though.

"WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!" I scream at the top of my lungs. My hair was cut off, it was only down to my shoulders now! What the hell happened?

Suddenly, Toph's earth tent began to rumble, and it disappeared into the ground. Toph was sitting there, half-awake. Her hair wasn't in her normal bun and headband, it was sticking up and slung down her back. Even Toph's hair was longer than mine, and she normally has it up!

"K-katara?" she stuttered, and walked over to me. "You're finally awake?"

I nod, confused. "Yeah. Where is everyone? Why am I all burned? Where the hell is all of my hair?"

She held up a finger, motioning for me to shut up. "You went to rescue a baby in a house fire. After you saved the baby, you passed out from the smoke and burns and Zuko saved you and brought you back to the campsite. Ty Lee and Azula found some healing stuff in the woods and Ty Lee and Sokka worked to help you feel better," Toph explained with a small yawn. "Some of your hair burned off I guess. Everyone else went to a villaige to get more food."

So that wasn't a nightmare. I kind of remember this happened. But... Zuko saved my life? Oh my gosh!

"Zuko saved my life?" I asked in surprise. She shrugged, and nodded.

"You two kissed and then you ran off to help at the fire, huh?" Toph smirked, and I frowned.

"How'd you know?!"

"I can feel vibrations everywhere, Sugar Queen. Get used to it."

"You didn't tell Sokka, did you?"

After I said that, she tensed up a little. I wasn't sure why, but I now noticed that her eyes were red and puffy, and her cheeks were tear stained. "Toph... were you crying?"

She turned away from me. "It doesn't matter," she mumbled. I walked over to her slowly, being careful that I don't hurt myself even more.

"Yes it does. What happened? Please tell me," I begged, and she sighed. She bended a rock up into a chair and plopped down on it, and I struggled to sit on the ground. I did it anyways, and was prepared to listen to her talk.

"Last night, Sokka was awake and laying next to you. He was really worried about you. I woke up and comforted him by joking around, and it was fun. It was nice to see him happy again," she explained. I smiled, knowing that my brother was happy. Ever since Suki, he's been so depressed and it breaks my heart. I bet when I got hurt, it didn't help much either.

"While we were laughing and joking around, I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally told him that I liked him. It got really quiet, and he told me I was beautiful, and he kissed my cheek. But he said we couldn't be together. It actually made me really sad. I stayed into my earth tent until this morning, when were decided to cover more ground. Once we got to this campsite, everyone quickly unpacked and ditched me here with you," she explained, and a tear rolled down her pale cheek.