20. Voicemail

Song for Chapter: Fire Meets Gasoline - Sia

********
HARRYS POV

She stopped calling me every day on the third week. She stopped leaving me voicemails regularly after 6 weeks. All I get now are the random calls that show up on my screen. I never answer them though; I stare and push my hands into my head trying my best to physically remove the pain I feel.

I still feel pain.

I don't know if I've changed in the past months. I've stopped dreaming my own death and starting thinking about my life, but whenever I do, Jessie is in it. The burning hunger for her touch is what gets me, and when I lay in bed physically restraining myself from watching the sunrise each morning I think of her. She does it for good and I for evil.

JESSIES POV

"How was your day?" He walks in the door of our apartment, leaning over the counter and planting a small kiss on my lips.

"The usual, how was work?"

"The usual, people need my help. I swoop in and save the day."

"My superhero." I walk around the island and meet him on the other side, wrapping my arms around his neck and playing with his long hair. It's gotten even longer.

"I want to take you out."

"What?" He grabs the small of my back pressing our fronts together.

"Let's go out to dinner. Like a dress and suit fancy ass dinner."

"Give me an hour." He nods his head and I run off into the washroom just after his large hand slaps my bum.

HARRYS POV

She was beautiful. Standing in the bar her dark curves showing her beautiful body and her long black braids hitting her back. Her laughter bounces around the bar with her friends.

"You've been staring." She says to me as she sits at the bar stool that is beside mine.

"You're something I like to look at."

"Awe, you're so cute." She takes my hand leading me outside and down the street before I even asked where we are going, "Back to my place."

"It's not like that I-"

"I know you're a virgin." Her apartment is just across the street from the bar, the elevator ride silent with our hands linked.

"How do you know?"

"I can smell it on ya." She says while laughing, opening her apartment door and leading me on to the couch. It happened so fast, the bar, her hand, her house. She sits beside me her body twisted sideways to face me, her braided hair flowing down her chest.

"It radiates off you. The way you walk, dress, the shiver you had when I took your hand. You're a walking talking holy spirit." Her laughter booms again making me want to join in, but I couldn't. Is that how I seem to Jessie? Is that why she likes Zayn more, because he's had sex?

"Oh honey, it's not a bad thing. It's refreshing."

"What's your name?"

"What's yours?"

"Harry."

"Well Harry, let's have sex." My eyes widen as she leans in laughing, my body shaking at the thought of touching anyone, let alone someone who isn't Jessie. I only person I want to touch is Jessie. The girl laughs again, clutching her stomach at my obvious terror.

"Jesus holy spirit I was joking."

"Your hair is beautiful." I say grabbing a braid and tugging on it to change the subject.