31. Puzzles

Song for Chapter: I Found - Amber Run

JESSIES POV

He looked different. His hairline faded, waist bigger, eyes sagging. He looks tired, and nervous. But I wasn't paying much attention to him. I was looking at Zayn.

"Get the fuck out." I walk straight to his arm chair and pull him out by the arm.

"Wait- Jessie." He scrambles out of my grip only to bump into Harry. His large hands grabs Zayn's chest.

"Stop Jessie." My father's voice was old and raspy, nothing like it was a few months ago.

"You have no right to tell me what to do and not do. Remember him?" Louis steps from behind of Harry, his stance is awkward and shy.

"Louis?" His eyes go wide, immediately glistening with tears. But you left him dad? What are you crying for?

Louis doesn't move, nor does he answer. His eyes shift from Harry holding Zayn, and I- who separates the space between him and a father he hasn't known for years.

His eyebrows furrow, and his face turns a small shade of red. He's angry, very angry and unlike my father he has every right to be. Every right in the world to walk over to him and scream, punch and kick until he can't any longer. My life was a part of a lie and his apart of a mystery.

"Louis? My son!" He stood up from his chair pushing past me. His hands wrapped out Louis cheeks, cradling his head like it was going to come off.

"Don't touch me." His words were thick and hard.

"You're my son! I know this is hard and I don't know how you found each other but let's sit down let's talk abo-" Louis' knuckles collide with my father's nose. Making his head fly back and his feet to alter.

"YOU ARE NOT MY DAD!" His face was the colour of a rich tomato his eyes huge with anger the iris covering his green shade. My father leans back against the chair as Louis hands grab at his hair, shirt. He looks as mad as Harry did in the hospital. "You are a piece of shit father. You left me to wonder for fucking years. I called and wrote and emailed and got nothing in return. Do you know how much it hurts to be 12 years old and realize your parents left you? You are sick and you are a disgusting man who would of rathered gambling money then his own blood."

"Louis I-" He began to cough, one hand holding his chest, one hand holding his bloody nose.

"You might be my biological father but you are not my dad. I already have one of those. So don't you ever fucking call me your son again because that's not what I am to you. I'm a piece of trash you pawned off for more money. And you should know that when you pawn your trash you don't get it back."

There were no tears, no more grabbing of his hands and shirt, no more burning red face. He was still. Everyone is. The only sound is the coughing of my father and the whistle of the wind. Harry holding Zayn by the arm. Louis only a foot away from my bleeding coughing father and I behind them.

"I came here to tell you that you are nothing to me. I have no time to hate you, no time to resent you and stay away every night wondering why you never loved me. I did that enough as a kid. I want you to know that your as much of a importance to me as the gum stuck to my shoe. You and my mother- no, Jessie's mother can burn in the pits of hell before I give you a damn bucket of water."

He voice is so clean and crisp every word pricking everyone in the room like bee stings.

"Thank you for bringing me here Jessie, and Harry we're still scheduled for your appointment Thursday at 3." He nods, turning away from my father and walking towards Zayn.