Ch. 42 - Big Bang Boom

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"There's no such thing as overkill!"

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 42 - Big Bang Boom

▪️V I N C E N T▪️

It had been almost three weeks since Jade had been taken and these last few days, things had been more on edge than usual.

We had received information on the possible location of José Hernández García and immediately made our way down to Miami.

I was standing in front of a convoy consisting of four identical black SUVs and one black semi-trailer truck outside one of Dominic's warehouses near the wharf. The semi-trailer truck towed a flatbed with a black tarp over it that contained some extra weaponry.

Glancing at my watch, I noted that it was almost 4am.

Everything was packed up and ready for our trip down to Miami. With the police dashboard lights borrowed from the Aelbank City police as well as the fake IDs, any problems we might encounter on our journey would easily be avoided.

According to the intel received from Commissioner Edgehill, undercover police posing as gardeners had seen José entering and exiting the property a few times over the last week. It seemed to be a hideout of sorts, but no sign of Jade had been observed and barely any movement on the premises on a whole had been registered.

To me, it sounded more like a diversion and I doubted that the Cartel boss was actually holding Jade there, but nonetheless, we were going to investigate.

Dominic's patience was all but non-existent, as in his opinion, we should have found her by now and I agreed.

The Commissioner stated that it might be best to leave it for the Miami police to handle. Although at the moment, they could not enter the property as they were still waiting for some information to be confirmed in order to get a warrant.

Naturally, Dominic had argued that the legal way would take too long and he was not about to sit around and waste any more time. He was going to go check out the property and no one was going to stop him!

In fact, Dominic had stated that we would remain in Miami until Jade was found and I was ready to be with him every step of the way. Glancing at Quintin, I could see the determination on his face as he readied himself for the trip ahead.

This was a war between gangsters and as such, it would be best if it was handled by us.

In his absence, Dominic would be leaving Aleksandr to oversee things in his place as the Russian's holdings were the least affected by the conflict thus far. James was still rattled from Blaire's murder and Da'mon and Raeni were still recovering from having lost a large part of their properties.

Not to mention that out of all the other mafia heads, Aleksandr was the most ruthless.

Dominic respected the Russian greatly, but he would never openly tell the man such. However, I was sure Aleksandr knew how Dominic felt about him based on his actions. The man once had a crush on Jade and was still alive, that alone spoke volumes.

Before leaving, James had pulled Dominic aside and said, "I know that if you get the opportunity to kill José you won't hesitate. That Mexican needs to die, like a lot."

Dominic had replied, "Agreed!"

The drive would take the convoy about twenty hours give or take, with stops every five hours to change drivers as well as to use the restrooms. We were all determined to make this trip a success and I knew that Dominic would not return to Aelbank City without Jade at his side.