Ch. 33 - Hammer To Fall

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"For the right price anyone
can be bought."

- Da'mon
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 33 - Hammer To Fall

▪️V I N C E N T▪️

Tonight, had definitely not gone as planned.

James and Blaire's engagement party ended in a spray of bullets as the Road Crows had caught us off guard and attacked us outside of the restaurant. Their actions were a clear declaration of war in our world and one could be sure that we would retaliate with full force.

A tinge of guilt pulled at me as I remembered my inability to draw my gun fast enough, something which had never happened to me before. I had been staring at Quin, admiring how handsome he looked, remembering how his lips had brought me pleasure earlier that night when the roar of the Harley Davidsons blasted through the streets and pulled me from my thoughts.

For the last hour I had been mentally scolding myself.

Would I have been able to react faster if I had not been so focused on my boyfriend?

There were so many different scenarios that played out in my head. But even as I remembered seeing Dominic and Aleksandr faltering to get their own weapons, it only served as further proof of how blindsided we all had been.

But not Jade. It was if she had been waiting for such an opportunity.

I had never seen anyone pull a gun out as fast as she did. She had pulled her weapon out of her garter belt and wasted no time in firing after the bikers. Her form had been absolutely perfect and I just knew that Dominic had been proud of her, hell, we all were.

The sound of footsteps approaching forced me to refocus on my surroundings, the scowl on my face returning.

"Looks like they left in a hurry," Jackson, one of the Calvetti men stated.

We were walking around the Road Crows' compound that was located at the edge of Aelbank City. Their buildings and garages were deserted, a few boxes of items haphazardly left behind as they seemed to have been in a rush to leave the property.

Inside some of the boxes were empty wrappings with slight traces of white residue, which we confirmed to be cocaine.

It had quickly deduced that they had to be working with the Cartel as that could be the only explanation as to why they felt brave enough to make a move as bold as this. They thought that José Hernández García could protect them, and were they in Mexico, perhaps he could have. But the bikers were a long way from those environs and we would definitely catch them before they made it to the Mexican border.

Brian Tanner and his men may have escaped us tonight, but that just meant that they would live a few more days. I did not anticipate that we would get much information from the captured biker in our custody, but no matter, we would have our vengeance.

Turning to Jackson and some of the other men, I ordered, "Burn everything to the ground..."

"Yes, Sir!" they answered in unison.

The Road Crows would pay for their actions. They had not only declared war on Dominic, but on the entire Aelbank mafia alliance.

The hammer was about to fall and may God help anyone in its path.

While the buildings behind me began to burn, I pulled my mobile phone out and leaned up against the black SUV as I quickly typed a message.

Vincent:
"Wait up for me..."