Grim Gunman: Part 27 [Signs of Weakness]

1:22 PM, July 15th, 1994

At the shop place, where the Lagoon Company hang out, Tony went up inside the rec room. His right arm was still bandaged, as his injury continued to heal after a couple of days back and the pain was getting a lot easier to find ignore. Tony already spotted Revy on the couch, where she usually relaxes. Revy's injuries were getting better, the soar in her head was becoming more faded and one of her eyes looked a lot less swollen.

[Money by Pink Floyd played quietly in the rec room]

There was nobody else in the room, except for those two gunslingers. Revy was reading a magazine, like she normally does whenever she was on free time.

Tony: (I need to talk about her about before. This is gonna be a serious chat, so this could be a while.) Hey, Revy.

Revy: Yeah?

Tony: We should have a talk. This is probably the perfect time to discuss what happened a couple of days back. [crosses his arms]

Revy: If it's about that fucking maid, that bitch can have her sweet, little master all to herself, for all I care. [flips next page of her magazine]

Tony: I don't mean that. I'm talkin' about... how you handled things and what you almost did back there.

Revy: Look, I handled things just fine, Tony. [scoffs] "Almost did..." The hell are you on about?

Tony: I'm on about that time where you held that fuckin' kid at gunpoint and threatened to blow his brains out.

Revy: Oh... [flips another magazine page] That. Well, that didn't happen, did it? Don't worry about it.

Tony: No... But, it could've. You could've shot Garcia out of impulse, you twisted bitch.

At that moment, Revy roughly dropped her magazine onto the coffee table before she got up from the couch to face Tony. She had an irritated look in her eyes that were focused on her partner. Not being afraid to step up, Tony stepped closer to Revy.

Revy: What, you gonna cry about it? What's done is done.

Tony: I know what you may say next, but I wanna tell ya this again; Child traffficking's fuckin' wrong and I don't wanna get involved in that kinda shit, and neither should you.

Revy: Oh, grow up, Tony! You don't get to control what the fuck I do! I do whatever I think is best to earn money! When it comes to children, I just don't wanna connect with them, just like you would, cos it'd make ya real goddamn miserable! I just wanna get the cash and the job done over with, no matter if any little shit gets hurt or killed. I don't care what happens to them.

Just when Revy had said that, Tony slapped her across the face out of disgust. Instead of immediately acting out violently, Revy stared down at the floor to avoid looking at Tony.

Tony: What the fuck is wrong with you?!

Revy: You shouldn't have done that...

Tony: I ain't got time for your damn threats! I just wanna know why you're so fuckin' cold towards innocent children! Tell me!

Revy didn't reply, as she kept looking away from Tony. She only grumbled quietly.

Tony: Look at me, Revy.

Revy: [remains quiet and avoidant] (Why should I tell you? I'm not afraid of showing my strengths, but I'm never gonna show any more lightheartedness to you!)