Grim Gunman: Part 32 [Bullet Versus Arrow]

5:54 AM, July 23rd, 1994

Finally arrived at the end of the island, Leigharch slowly pulled over near the helipad, where the meeting would be set at, and the driver was still mumbling under his words before losing consciousness. The drugs he took really tired him out.

Revy: Will he be okay, after all the shit he stirred up back there?

Shenhua: He be fine. Is always like this after his trip to Mars.

Having to be at where they needed to be at, Tony began to laugh cheerfully as he clapped. Revy and Rock have him looks.

Tony: HA HA HA HA! WE MADE IT!!

Revy: [chuckles] Don't get too excited there, hotshot. We still got the documents to deliver.

Tony: Heh heh, I know. Still, what a ride. [laughs]

While everyone (except Leigharch) was either smiling and chuckling at how lucky they were, Rock was still looking at Tony in disbelief. The effects of marijuana were dying off on him and his mind was getting more clear, even though he felt quite tired.

Rock: What... the fuck is wrong with you?

Tony: Huh? What, Rock? We made it over here, right?

Rock: You really think... that me getting taken away, beaten up and nearly killed was fun?!

Tony: Hey look, man. We're still in one piece and you survived, right? We're all good.

Rock: Yeah, but back there, you really up there, laughing like a fucking lunatic while blowing up those guys back there! Have you lost it?!

Tony: Rock, I know it seemed pretty mental, but the adrenaline got wild earlier. The crazy thrills got to me. It happens to anyone.

Rock didn't reply, he was then staring at his own feet, seemingly disturbed by something. The man felt tired and soar.

Revy: You okay, Rock? Don't lose your mind over this. Just settle down and we'll head back to Roanapur.

Rock: Yeah... I'm fine. I just... feel very weary, is all. I need to relax and... don't strain myself.

With that said, Rock leaned his head on the car window and allowed himself to settle down after what had happened.

Shenhua: Hmm, he's no fun.

Revy: Rock's still new here, it's gonna take a while for him to get on the ropes.

Both Revy and Tony had gotten themselves out of the jeep and walked over towards the helipad, waiting for the pick-up crew to show up. The two already began smoking their cigarettes as they stood by the landing zone.

Revy: You know, I forget how different Rock is from us. He doesn't get use to this kinda mess as we do. I can't help but feel bad.

Tony: [exhales smoke] Don't worry about it, Revy. He's a big boy, he'll eventually get used to it.

Revy: That's the problem, T: I'm not sure how much of this he can take. What if he isn't really cut out for this?

Tony: Oh, he is. Rock's got potential here. I know that he can adapt and learn. He has no problem dealin' with the company's finance and he's a great negotiator. Don't get all soft about it, Revy.

Revy: [blows out smoke, looks down] Well... I hope you're right on that. I don't want Rock all fucked up after he witnessed some guy take an arrow through the throat. Never saw that coming.

Tony: Me neither. I hope that little fucker back there is dead and stays that way. If he isn't...

Revy: You'll do what? Heh... If he can't die, then what the hell can you do?