Grim Gunman: Part 37 [Kill the Past] + [My Cute Boy]

10:33 AM, August 11th, 1994

At the café place, Carlos was at the outdoor table, talking to Jim over coffee while engaging into a deep conversation.

Carlos: So, you're starting to have feelings for Shenhua, huh? I thought as much.

Jim: [scratches his head] Well, we've only been working together for a couple of weeks now, but there was something that felt more wholesome than just companionship. We often shared smiles, sometimes during our job. You know, I just wanna...

Carlos: [smirks mischievously] Fuck her?

Jim: [blushes, nervously] Oh, erm... I... I love hanging out with her and it's obvious Shenhua loves to have me around. But, I'm not sure she has the same feelings as I do for her. Sometimes, she treats me like a kid, like a little brother or something.

Carlos: Uh, I wouldn't make that comparison, for sanity reasons. [sips coffee] Anyway, if I had a chica like her, I'd definitely wanna get under her skirt, make her feel right and treat her like a princess.

Jim: Huh. [drinks his warm coffee] So, have you ever had a girl in your life, Carlos?

Carlos: [chuckles] I get around, bro. I don't have time for long-term relationships. I'm a short-and-sweet kinda guy. So, the last girl I hooked up with was this waitress who works at the Mexican restaurant I come to on occasion. Gloria was a passionate one, but knew that business is business. After we went to some dance club, we gone to her place and had a one night stand. [drinks his coffee] After that, I told Gloria that we shouldn't take last night seriously, but we'd still see each other again.

Jim: Heh, you make it sound easy. I've never really gone with a woman before. The closest I've gone to being with one was if I was tracking her down or killing her. [reluctantly] I was a real sicko back then. But obviously, next time's gonna be different.

Carlos: [smiles] Good for you, chico. I'm sure, you and Shenhua are gonna do really well.

Coming around the corner of the street, Tony was walking down the sidewalk, coming towards the café. As he showed up near Jim and Carlos' table, Carlos was hardly bothered to look at him, as a frown was forming on his face. Tony appeared to be surprised to see the two at the table.

Tony: Hey, amigos. Never thought I'd see you two 'round here. What you up to?

Jim: Hi, Tony. Just having a chat over coffee with Carlos.

Tony: Is that so?

Tony looked at Carlos with sincere concern written on his face. Carlos had been acting distant towards him ever since their last job.

Tony: Hey, Carlos.

Carlos: [drinks the last of his coffee] Hey.

Tony: [cross his arms] Anythin' goin' on?

Carlos: Not much, we're just talking. What brings you around here?

Tony: Just passing through the neighbourhood, mate.

Carlos: [scoffs] Mierda. You must be here for something. And don't "mate" me.

Tony: Oh, c'mon. What's up with ya?

Carlos: [finally looks at Tony] What's up with me? [gets up from his seat] What's up with ME? I tell you what's up! You're a sadistic fuckin' prick!

From raising his voice, a few nearby customers were staring at both Carlos and Tony. Carlos had his finger pointed right against the Englishman on his chest before getting swatted away.

Tony: Get your fuckin' finger off me and take it easy, cabrón.

Carlos: You got that poor lady killed. But what's worse, you and Revy had her beaten up and raped her!