Chapter Eighteen | Blushing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head throbbed as my senses awoke stretching my body, causing it to shake slightly

I was laying in bed, surrounded by pillows  and blankets with light streaming in through the crack in the curtains.

A sigh left my lips as I sat up, not remembering much of the previous day. My mind a blur of distorted memories.

I went to get up but all my blood rushed to my head blurring my vision, making me slump back down into the comfort of the silk sheets.

My eyes fluttered closed once my head rested on the pillow again, drifting me off into a peaceful rest. Sleep hadn't fully taken over my body, so I could still hear what was happening by around me and as soon as I heard the door creek my eyes flew open.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Ana's chipper voice whispered.

I smiled at her while softly shaking my head. She let out a breath in relief and came and perched herself next to my legs as she grabbed my hand and placed it in her lap.

"Please talk to me." Her voice croaked, her eyes on the brink of tears as she's stared deeply into mine.

A lump in my throat surfaced, making me swallow thickly. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the headboard, breathing in deeply.

"I-I can't, not yet." I chocked out. She wanted to help me, I knew that. But I couldn't tell her anything more than I exposed last night.

"You can't keep living like this. You need help Cecilia. You blacked out for christ sake." She exclaimed, her words came out  harsh making her subtle french accent more prominent, yet her tone stayed caring and soft.

"I said everything I can last night, I'm sorry that I can't give you more." I whispered, a tear trailing down my cheek.

Her eyes flicked back to mine as she moved next to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulder, pulling me down so my head was resting on her chest. My body shook slightly, but her hand stroking my hair was enough to soothe me.

I wasn't ready to talk. I physically couldn't do it. When I tried, my words got caught in my throat. Ana understood that. So she just sat there with me. The pains of my past hanging in the air, no words being spoken. Silence engulfing us.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and overwhelming feeling washing over me. Everything that happens yesterday was really playing with my emotions and I now couldn't stop them showing.

My silent sobs racked through my body.
All these things I have bottled up inside me were starting to spill and I didn't know how much longer I can hold them all in.

But I need too hold them in . As much as I don't want too. I know the people closest to me very well, and telling them everything that happened would only put them in danger.