Chapter Seven | Departure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like aeroplanes.

*All I could see was darkness. The hands of two people were forever gripped to each of my arms, I was trapped. They dragged me up the rickety metal stairs up to the plane.

The smoke and alcohol infested air entered my lungs making me cough. A huge kick was sent straight into my stomach followed by a few stray tears falling from my eyes even-though I was trying to hold in my reaction.

My blindfold was removed and I found myself enclosed in a small room at the rear of the plane. I couldn't comfortably fit in it and the air was already starting to turn muggy.

The only source of light was coming form a hand sized window next to my head and all I could see was the tiny lights of the city we were leaving.*

"Cecilia, honey, the cars leaving in ten minutes." My mother's voice entered my ears but her words didn't completely register in my mind.

I stayed still, not reacting.

She reached her hand out and touched my arm making me jump.

"It's ok sweetie." she whispered while pulling me into a shy hug.

I've never told anyone what happened on that night, what happened on the plane.

My father never fully understood why I shut people out and what triggers me to do so. He always asked questions and that only made it worse. But my mother and Anastasia never ask, they know that one day I'll be ready to tell them and they will be there to listen. They don't push anything and they are always there to comfort me when I need them.

However, today it different. It will only be me and Elijah on the flight. He knows nothing and I don't know he'll react to my potential panic attacks.

My panic attacks make me zone out. They make my mind and heart race, but my body stays completely still. Ana told me that they're scary to watch. So I try and hide them from her as best I can.

My mother took my hand and pulled me up off the edge of my bed. I walked all the way to the car with my hand in hers and only let go when we got outside.

She gave me a weak smile as I walked over to Ana, Atnus and Elijah who were waiting next to the car.

Ana's eyes locked on mine and singled for me to take a deep breath. So I did. She then edged closer to me and wrapped her arm around me as I leaned my head down to her shoulder.