Chapter Thirty-Three | The Truth

Warning: mentions of rape.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His face dropped to the floor when he walked through the door

His face dropped to the floor when he walked through the door. His gun was immediately drawn and ready to fire.

But his attempts would soon be proven futile. Bullets from our guns came raining down on all of his men. Piercing their skin earning screams of impending death.

We made sure not to overly harm Miguel. We needed him very much alive and able to talk. So we went about it carefully, trying to avoid him at all costs.

Shooting his men in an attempt to miss Miguel though, was a challenge in itself. His men were loyal to him. They stood guard, not letting themselves die in front of their leader.

But our army was stronger for our bond, our family and our loyalty was bound but one thing that Miguel and his men were lacking; Love.

Love is the strongest force that had ever graced the plant earth. It makes things invincible that without it would be frail. It turns peoples hate against the world into compassion and it's moulds bonds that last an eternity.

Miguel thought he destroyed us when killing Matteo and trying to kill me. But he missed the one fact that stays in my mind everywhere I go.

Our souls are immortal.
Love lives on forever.
And you can't kill what never dies.

Miguel feeble attempt to destroy my family will be laughed at in years to come. He thought by killing someone we love, he would instantly reap the benefits.

Except, there were no benefits. And he his arrogance to the fact that love trumps all has always been his downfall.

His men were dead.
The battle was over.

The end to this life long war was starting to become visible.

The room was filled with a low rumble of chatter. I sat with Anastasia and Atnus while Alejandro and Ivy huddled in the corner with a few other men.

But the quite sounds of our conversations faltered once Cecilia slipped through the door. Her presence, even in the most uncertain of times, filled me with a happiness that I couldn't explain.